No announcement yet.

air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disposeables!!!!!!!!!! cmon work with me now!!!!

Im just saying there is no excuse for no pics
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
      Here's are two extremely very recent pics of what resides in my engine bay:
      Hey MLSC, do you have any support to the length of PVC there...Or is it just floating there? Did it give you any better performance or gas mileage? How does it sound?

That was something I have been considering doing (BECAUSE ITS CHEAP ).

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I used a 4'' peace of pipe and had it bent to go thru a hole I cut in the plastic inner fenderwell in front of the washer thingy and had a K&N behind the bumper. I have to do it again somebody took it off and lost it "was not me"
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Guys please dont use PVC pipe for a CAI, I mean come on, PVC pipe? It should only be used on a household plumbing project. It probably doesnt benifit you much either. That reminds me of the ricer song "got me a mesh grille made from gutter guard and a custom CAI made from PVC pipe"

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

it was not pvc oh sorry i thoght that you where refering to mine
            Last edited by interceptor1985; 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I saw PVC mentioned in someones post and was like NOOOOOOO!!!!! :nonono: Just trying to prevent people from doing it cause its really tacky.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Im with you there NO PVC

Comment

ABS plastic works.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                  5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

heres my CAI lol. when i put it on i didnt notice any power increases or any noticeable differences although it does look alot nicer rather than dat nasty box it used to have and you can really hear da air hissing by into da throttle body. sounds nice!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1244147

Name:	Picture38.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1244148

Name:	Picture36.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1244146

Comment

The stock intake flows better then you would think. My silver GM dyno's at 188 RWHP on the stock intake. several other dyno runs with it removed made no noticable difference.
                      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

It seems like a metal intake tube would be pointless. Wouldn't the heat from the engine heat up the metal and make warmer air go into the engine? At least plastic and PVC won't heat up, and I don't see anything wrong with a PVC CAI, as long as it works and looks good.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yeah...I always thought that PVC was pretty strong stuff. As long as it is painted so it doesn't look like crap, yah know? Something like MeLikeyStripperChicks did.

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

4'' Exhaust tubing bent kinda like the one shown but like 2 feet longer and behind the bumper with a scoop so it gets the cold air rammed up in there.oh and the pipe was wrapped with some of that heat reflective insulation tape I didnt notice ane sucking sounds it sounded the same but as it was going it "got on it" with a bit more pep and passing slowpokes was funner with it on.

Comment

I'd have done a real CAI, but I have a washer fluid tank, a radiator overflow tank, and an air compressor in the way. The only trick for me would be installing a narrower radiator and running the intake pipe between the radiator and the sheetmetal of the radiator support, but that ain't happening any time soon.

Comment

How about something where you could have the airbox mounted either in the stock location or closer to the front, and run a tube down next to the radiator to the bottom of the bumper. I think it would work especially well on something like MRLTD's car, where he's got the Marauder airbox.
                                Nick
                                88 Colony Park LS
                                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X