Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark VIII injectors are 24lb?
    thanks, lincolnmania!

anyone know of anywhere that will tune a MAF meter cheap?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

oh, and is there any mustang that has bigger fuel rails than mine?
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Pro-M is here in town I think they do. As far as cheep no
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Dave, are you referring to the MAF tuning? how much would it cost me? I already found a set of 24lb injectors cheap...
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
            oh, and is there any mustang that has bigger fuel rails than mine?
            Yea the last few years of the 5.0 in the Mustang. They also improved fuel starvation to a coupl cylinders. Not shure if they fit with the intake to the left like the Mercs. You will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too at some point.

Comment

ok, so 94-95 'stang fuel rails are a littl ebigger than my stock ones?
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

The improved ones I believe have a rectangular cross section not the round tube like ours not shure what year they changed.

Comment

am I gonna need a higher capacity fuel pump if I get 24lb injectors?
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                    All of the dual planes are designed for stock heads with stock air flow and a hoter than stock cam. So is the torker II and so is the victor jr for that matter. A hoter cam only gives small amounts of improved air flow at a cost of low end performance. This is because the hot cam has more overlap. This causes the intake and the exhaust to be open longer togeather to over come this the engine has to spin faster to make more power it looses low end, lowers economy, and raises emissions..
                    You are saying that you can't make power with significantly higher flow than stock heads and a Stealth, Performer RPM or Victor Jr. intake. You should hurry up and get on the phone with Weiand and Edelbrock, because they are all confused and need for you to set them straight...
                    You do not need to decrease LSA to have a hotter cam. You can maintain LSA and increase lift and/or duration. While maintaining lift and only increasing duration you have a hotter cam. Most factory Ford heads have a restrictive exhaust port. By increasing exhaust duration, you are compensating for the poor flow characteristics with a "hotter" cam.

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                    So here is what happens during the cycle ... The more the overlap the more unburt mixture goes out the pipe. The cylinder fires piston goes down it starts back up the exaust opens to let the expanded burnt gases out once again ovelap occures most of the gasses go out the exhaust but some goes in the intake poluting the intake charge for the next intake of mixture.
                    Now here is what happens in a properly shaped port with higher air
                    speed. ......exhaust opens overlap occures less overlap is needed less exhaust goes in the intake a less poluted charge goes to the next intake cycle. This increases power, economy and decreases emissions...
                    You are making broad generalizations in extreme examples of desirable and undesirable valve timing and air charge behavior.
                    It is all about maintaining cylinder pressure without having detonation.
                    It is camshaft basics that a street low RPM cam will generally have a larger LSA. Decrease the LSA and run the chance of shitting back up your intake port. No one has suggested an extreme camshaft.
                    I am suggesting using an intake manifold which is intended by the manufacturer to be used in the realistic operating range of the engine which we are discussing in the present situation. Others have proven that significant power can be made with these dual plane intakes and that they give up little if anything in horsepower at the high end of the intended operating range of the specific engine which we are discussing in the present situation in comparison to the single plane intake which you are suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
                      am I gonna need a higher capacity fuel pump if I get 24lb injectors?

Any Mustang 5.0 fuel rails will support the power you will be making. Your factory fuel pump needs to be replaced even if you are only going with 19# injectors. Any stock MAF meter is stupidly restrictive. That is why you can make more power with a SD car than a stock MAF car. Spend the cash and get a larger meter calibrated for 24# injectors. You do not recalibrate the meter, you either change the flow tube, change the meter, or put a device in-line to mess with the voltage. Whatever build you choose, whether FI or carb, do not be "cheap" on the simple important things.

Comment

ok, so I should just look for a MAF meter that is for 24# injectors?
                        hmm...are mark viii's MAF?
                        I could just take the meter out of one of those, right?
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i think 88grandmarq has a barely used 93 mark8 maf.......it is 80mm.........i have the intake setup that eric had on the car, he customized it for the mark8 maf........i was gonna go maf on my towny but decided against it
                          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

well, I found a guy on LVC that will sell me a set of 24lb injectors and the MAF meter for 70 bucks...
                            I understand that I would need a higher capacity fuel pump...would this one work?

and would this work for an adj. fuel pressure regulator?
                            Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM.
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                            X