No announcement yet.

Deepest sounding exhaust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowmaster 40's for me,I could'nt possibly be happier with the sound.The only time I ever hear any drone from them is on the highway doing around 65 in OD.

Comment

I love my new magnapacks, They are pretty loud but the sound is great.

I had smithy's when I first go the car but I thought they were too quite. Thats when I had cats too. But you could barely hear the car.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I'm not trying to promote my car or anything (), but this sounds pretty deep to me...
        linky (8.7mb)

That sounds so badass. What kind of exhaust setup were you running to get it to sound like that?
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Super turbos are deep. My old car was pretty deep sounding-even with the HO. Edelbrock RPM's. Also have them on the new car.

This is the old 87 with 2.5" complete exhuast, H-pipe.
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mik...t%20racing.wmv

The new wagon...with 2.5", x pipe, edelbrock RPMs
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mike%20R/exhaust.wmv
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
            That sounds so badass. What kind of exhaust setup were you running to get it to sound like that?
            1406 edelbrock carb, RPM intake, e7's, MAC shorties, 2.5" off road H-pipe, 2.5" flowmaster 40's, 2.25" tailpipes, and the generic slash cut tips I think were 3" or 3.5"

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I looked at intake manifolds at the Summit website and they all list carburetor mounting styles. Does this mean that they only work on carbed engines? Look at this: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...=1#Application Can this intake be hooked up to an EFI engine even though it lists carb mounting?
              And what are e7's? I searched for e7's on Summit and nothing come up except a socket set.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

e7te is the head casting found on 1987 and later truck and HO engines. And a carb intake manifold only works if you're using a carb. It will bolt to an engine that was originally EFI, but you cant use your EFI on that intake.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can make any carb intake EFI, but it takes alot more money than you need to spend at this point in the modding game

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                  X