Deepest sounding exhaust??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deepest sounding exhaust??

just wondering how i would go about getting the deepest sounding exhaust possible from a lopo 302.. i dont really like the really LOUD crackling sounding exhaust.. i like the really deep, sounds like the engine is gurgling type.. if anybody has some clips, id like to hear. but ive heard these cars with the headers/h pipe from some of your cars and it sounds good but it doesnt seem like its really deep.... or is it not even possible to get that sound from the lopo 302? man some guy pulled up at work the other day in this fox body mustang and it was soooo awesome. not really really loud, kinda loud, but mainly just DEEP sounding, i loved it..

I'd say to try any brands "Turbo" muffler. We had a pair on our '94 Crown Vic, and it sounded fairly deep at idle and acceleration, while having no resonance at higher RPM.
    You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

Comment

dynomax super turbos

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I have summit performance mufflers, they are a little bubbly and deep sounding
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I'm not trying to promote my car or anything (), but this sounds pretty deep to me...
          linky (8.7mb)

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Mac Flowpath rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I'm not trying to promote my car or anything (), but this sounds pretty deep to me...
              linky (8.7mb)
              Gonna go out on a limb here and say I doubt that is a lopo.
              2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

have cats and some turbo mufflers...or cats and flowmaster 3 chambers. My lopo was pretty quiet...
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My car with an HO and four cats has summit mufflers, the $15 cheapies. Its pretty damn quiet. I had an off road h-pipe on there for awhile too, not much louder. Those mufflers are quiet, but very easy to live with if you have a long ride.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I'm running a single Hooker aero chamber muffler on my 87 F250 with a 302. I really like the sound. It's loud, but not anywhere near loud enough to get the cops on my case. It's got a nice deep rumble to it but you can still hear yourself think when driving on the highway.

Comment

i like the flowmaster super 40's, with no cats and 2" duals they sound really nice and arent too loud on the highway, except for the 50-55mph drone (Anyone else know what I'm talking about??).
                      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

mine sounds a little deeper than that its got 2 cherry bomb glasspacks and 2 highflow stainless cataletics sounds real good to me ill get something to record it someday lol
                        oh yea 2 and a half in pipes

Comment

2 cherry bombs, 2" pipes, nice and deep, and yeah, 50-55 mph has an annoying drone
                          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

As you all know, I have the stock exhaust with a stock LOPO, and it sounds higher pitched than my dad's minivan and my mom's minivan, and that's saying something. But I doubt it will change, because I have little money and I don't know if i'll be keeping my car much longer.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

But if I do end up keeping it, I have some questions. First, which is lower sounding, an h-pipe or x-pipe? Second, what are the cheapest H & X pipes that fit on the cats? Third, what is the cheapest muffler you can get for this car, that fit on the H or X pipe that fits on the stock cats, which I believe only a 2 inch H or X pipe fits?
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X