Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet, another prob.

Allrighty guys,

My other big prob. is my Engine reving up or the lack there of. Sometimes it sounds like it's red lining , other times It dosent Want to go 1000: rpm's Whats the deal with this??

Also i have read about IAC's That you should check them and clean them/Replace them, but i still have no idea of where this part is. Any one got a pic of where one might be?

Agine i thank you in advance,.
    Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Fix the vacumm leaks first, they are causing the biggest problems and the power loss. In another thread you showed that the vacumm lines for the PCV system were disconnected along with the egr. You said you were also throwing a code for the egr valve, which relies on a consistent flow of vacuum. The smog pump hooked up without the pulley is another vacumm leak. Its the cheapest and easiet fix to do and I bet they are causing the majority of the problems you are describing. I know since I fought with enough of them especially with the smog pump, you car will run like it has a bad IAC.

Save your money and get the vacumm lines right first. Allways do the simple things first, you might need the money for something later, such as gas. Should only cost you $5 tops for the vacumm and hose caps you need to fix the smog pump mess. Hook the egr back up along with the pcv vacuum lines if you haven't done so. Clean the egr ports if you still have problem with it later on.

The IAC will cause a constant surging or rolling idle along with the car stalling when your trying to park the car along with some other symptoms. Don't know where the IAC is on a CFI car, we need pics.

Most replacement IACs suck just as well, you really need to buy a good motorcraft one. They can $50-100 depending on where you buy one, I think mine was about $65. The easiest way to tell if your IAC is shot is if you unplug the harness from it while the car is running. If the motor dies, then the IAC is working, if it stays running then its not working.
    Last edited by 87mefull; 07-06-2006, 09:21 PM.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

heh, guess mine only works when it feels like, sometimes itll die, othertimes it stays running, lol
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

But where is The IAC?

And thanks for all that Info, That Dern Smog pump is def comeing off tomarow or sat.! :->

Thanks,
        Dark :->
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

CFI has no IAC. the CFI eqivalent is the throttle kicker - you have a pic of it in your other thread.
          That device only affects about 500rpm of idle, so Id look for more vacuum leaks. those really confuse the computer too...
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Allrighty thanks man Really good to know that ive got a bunch of lines pluged not sure where they go. but ima take pics of them soon enough :->

Thanks agine,
            Dark

Comment

This is a Bump, a biiig bump as im looking at all my post ive done with stalling.. Pete mang can i ask you a question?

You say the eqivalent to the IAC on a CFI car is the Tkick? Will it cause thoose same symptoms as a bad IAC? Stalling constant surging ECT? If thats the case ill be hunting one :-P

On the account we know my TKick is bard mmhumm

Comment

Humm, Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull View Post
                  Fix the vacumm leaks first, they are causing the biggest problems and the power loss. In another thread you showed that the vacumm lines for the PCV system were disconnected along with the egr. You said you were also throwing a code for the egr valve, which relies on a consistent flow of vacuum. The smog pump hooked up without the pulley is another vacumm leak. Its the cheapest and easiet fix to do and I bet they are causing the majority of the problems you are describing. I know since I fought with enough of them especially with the smog pump, you car will run like it has a bad IAC.

Save your money and get the vacumm lines right first. Allways do the simple things first, you might need the money for something later, such as gas. Should only cost you $5 tops for the vacumm and hose caps you need to fix the smog pump mess. Hook the egr back up along with the pcv vacuum lines if you haven't done so. Clean the egr ports if you still have problem with it later on.

The IAC will cause a constant surging or rolling idle along with the car stalling when your trying to park the car along with some other symptoms. Don't know where the IAC is on a CFI car, we need pics.

Most replacement IACs suck just as well, you really need to buy a good motorcraft one. They can $50-100 depending on where you buy one, I think mine was about $65. The easiest way to tell if your IAC is shot is if you unplug the harness from it while the car is running. If the motor dies, then the IAC is working, if it stays running then its not working.
                  If you don't mind, please elaborate on your smog pump vacuum leak, as I've never heard of it before............ I know there are two vacuum actuators, one on it, the other on the by-pass for the thermactor, but I've never heard of it being hooked up, but with no belt, causing a vacuum issue before.
                  1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

I never found any house that went to the Smog pump.. Seeing that all that was discounected when i bought it i assume they done caped it off... I did take the smog pump out though :-P

So no one knows if the T Kick Might cause stalling?

Comment

Working...
                    X