NOS on a towncar shortblock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS on a towncar shortblock?

I was wondering if an 80 shot of nitrous would be OK to run on the towncar rotating assembly with the HO conversion.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

I think big blue merk ran it on his stock low po.... anyone know if it blew up???
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I wouldnt attempt it
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Are you using a new or used kit? Jet it down to a 50 hp shot (talk to the tech people for the kit). Check the plugs after the run. If everything is OK, go up to the 80 hp shot. Check the plugs often.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

I'd be leary of the fuel system...and one itsy bit of detonation would prolly waste the pistons...

Too much F&F there also...it's N20... NAAAAWWWWSSSS...lol, unless you are actually referring to Nitrous Oxide Sytems...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Nitrous everybody... just call it NITROUS.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

NAAAAAWWWWWSSSSSS!

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
              302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
              '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
              '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

:lol:
                Resident diesel addict

Comment

I'm pretty sure my engine would die if I put an 80 shot of nitrous on there.

That's a 60% in horsepower on my car!
                  1990 Country Squire - under restoration
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If you have good comression and a healthy fuel pump, you can get away with about a 100 wet shot. Just back down 2deg of timing, and go a heat range colder plugs, also 93 octane is recomended.

On my 351 im running a 125 shot, 16deg of base timing, stock plugs and i was using 87 octane, since steped up to 93 octane plus about 5-7% 116 octane. Although my fuel system will support 700HP right now, switch to a bypass regulator and it will support 1000HP.
                    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I used a 150 shot for 2&#189; years on a stock non-HO 302. I ran it all the way down the track from the hit of the trottle. The only time it hurt the motor was when the fuel pump took a shit & melted a couple of pistons.

Those motors make monster low RPM torque numbers with spray.
                      Southern Fried Florida Cracker
                      Not Your Average 450 Horsepower Grandma Car.
                      2002, 2003, & 2006 Team Moroso Member

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigBlueTank
                        I used a 150 shot for 2½ years on a stock non-HO 302. I ran it all the way down the track from the hit of the trottle. The only time it hurt the motor was when the fuel pump took a shit & melted a couple of pistons.

Those motors make monster low RPM torque numbers with spray.
                        +1 on the torque. A 100 shot is good for like 120-130 ft/lbs.
                        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                        X