Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well i was looking on ebay and still trying to gain performace but still be legal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i was looking on ebay and still trying to gain performace but still be legal...

I m also trying to go a cost efficent way. So i founbd these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/289-3...QQcmdZViewItem
    or this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem along with a intake http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELDEB...QQcmdZViewItem and was thinkin using this stuff to reduild my enigne and make it car or take a carbed engine and beef it up alot what do u guys think and these for heads http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REBUI...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 06-27-2006, 06:09 PM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Buy an Weiand Stealth intake manifold. It's worth the money.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Stay away from intake manifolds that don't show what the RPM power range is, you could end up getting something that wouldn't work very good on your engine, depending on what cam you got.

I would go with a summit 4bbl intake manifold.

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

how do i find out the year of the engine where are the identification codes
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Performer 289 is a non emissions (non egr) dual plane idle-5500...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I think that sealed power cam is a stock replacement, and the Melling doesn't seem like its got much more lift than stock either. For all the trouble you'd be better off with a truck cam or something. The intake would be fine. The heads are nothing special. D8 heads have fairly large chambers, big exhaust bumps, and aren't exactly a desirable performance head. If you're planning on building a decent motor that will perform similar to stock, all of the above will do fine. The intake is pretty decent but the rest isn't all that special.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thank you but still no one has anserwed my q on how to find out the year of an engine i finally saw my buddies 302 its got the fuel pump in the front of it when i cna i will get pics up and there was a number in back but didnt look like what i need where will the numbers be that i can tell the year his dad said it was from an old torino and the heads were heads that people wanted so i m in thinking early 70s or mid 70s b/c his dad said it was a ugly car but thos years are the years i ithnk the car lost ti touch except for strasky and hutch
              sigpic

Comment

Get the Comp Cams 35-235-3 cam... .477/.493 210 int./218 exh. 1,200-5,200 RPM. Install a Trans-Go HP shift kit and the 5500 hi-rev governor included in the kit and you'll be good to go

Last edited by phayzer5; 06-28-2006, 07:41 AM.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Best cam is a 289 HI PO its a solid cam but there is a hyd version of it too. Best heads are the old 351Ws from 69/70. Best intake RPM Edelebrock or even better the Blue Thunder high rise dual plane.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire
                    thank you but still no one has anserwed my q on how to find out the year of an engine i finally saw my buddies 302 its got the fuel pump in the front of it when i cna i will get pics up and there was a number in back but didnt look like what i need where will the numbers be that i can tell the year his dad said it was from an old torino and the heads were heads that people wanted so i m in thinking early 70s or mid 70s b/c his dad said it was a ugly car but thos years are the years i ithnk the car lost ti touch except for strasky and hutch
                    block # is in the starter area, intake # on one of the runners, look for distributor number on its housing, got to pull the heads to see there #. The 351W heads the good ones will have 351W cast between the rocker stud bosses. Not a garantee there the good ones. There are other 289 hipo and a couple others that are wanted because of there hi compression.
                    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                    X