So i was thinking today and u guys are right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i was thinking today and u guys are right

I think i ll just put a 351 in but i was thinking of getting a fuel injected 351 (better gas milage) but with that plop in or do i need to weld me some new brakets and stuff like that i was thinking of getting it from a truck or a van so tell how would i go about doin this
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Lefty Loosey Righty Tighty....

What is your question?

Use the same motor mounts as your 302, use a dbl hump pan, use accy brackets from a CV.

Comment

An EFI 351 won't fit without hood modifications.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Free post.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

an efi 351w is gonna be big bucks and then youre gonna have hood clearance issues.....i dont think it's possible to use the truck intake, it's way tall....i'll say it again, a 302 ho out of a donor mustang or mark 7 (best bet less beat on and mustang guys always forget the 88-92 lsc has a ho)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

who needs a hood? Smooth out your firewall, clean up your motor and paint it all nice, clean and loom all wires and run it without a hood. Just dont drive it in the rain.

A 302 HO would be a great swap, and shouldnt be too expensive. You get forged pistons too if you want to spray some nitrous in it. Get some decent heads, world makes a great iron head for around $800+ for a set assembled.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

nah for a box i'm convinced that thumper e7's are teh shit

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The only "budget" way I see to do a 351 EFI motor with factory parts is to use an Explorer upper and a Boat/GT40 lower. Use the 302 fuel system and electronics with a HO computer. I don't know that we ever got confirmation of what the hood clearance is with such a setup.

Comment

Mercracer- I'm hoping to clear the stock hood with a short-runner upper on a 408 stroker. It'll be a long time before I get there, though. IN THEORY, it'll work...

Comment

no problem with hood clearence i m makin mine a cowl hood i m taking the aleady semi cowl and just extending it up to flowwell with the body lines idk know when but soo and it will be good i laready found a 351 efi with comp for 650 which isnt bad right
                    sigpic
                    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

talk is cheap, man...get to the action!

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                      302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                      '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                      '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

YES i know talk is cheap action will happen soon b/c my car doesnt like idling right know when its cold out side and theres oil leakin from a good amount of places so its gunna happen i dont know what way to go because this will most lily pass emissions and the sniffer (MFI 351) and the old 70s 302 prbly wouldnt but i could probly get the 70s 302 cheaper
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                          talk is cheap, man...get to the action!
                          Give the kid a break guys... Don't you remember what it was like being young with a bunch of crazy ass ideas in your head, and confusion? Hell, i still got that
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                            Don't you remember what it was like being young with a bunch of crazy ass ideas in your head, and confusion?
                            I got lots of crazy ass ideas too. You find something that will work for your idea the way you would want but then you realize that it is usually way out of your means to get it and cant afford it. I get that all the time.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

its ok so what it is to make passs emissions and sniffer test in NJ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X