i'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm back

Whats up guys, im back. i havent been on the net. but i now have it at home finally. Im trying to switch paths with my vic, instead of trying to get more hp for better speed and what not i need to get better gas mileage. The job im doing now, my car is perfect for. im delivering papers in ponce inlet for the orlando sentinal and wall street journal. which means i have to drive up in these rich ass condos, one of those condos has a bunk ass entrance. it ripped off my muffler, there was like a 4 inch slab of the parking lot sticking up. ripped my muffler right off the end of the y pipe. so i was stuck trying to get the tail pipe around the rear axle to get it off it was not coming off. so i had to emergency zip tie till i got done with my route and got home. after i got it off it was still the same as far as loudness. i dont think it'll get loud till you take off some of those 4 converters. my whole point is, i was talking with blaze about better mileage. he suggested that i get h pipe for my dual pipes and make it dual exhaust. he also said the more i add as far as making the engine breath better with out modifing the engine itself will up my mileage. is there any suggestions as far as intake or more to give me higher gas mileage. like i just learned if your not driving over 35mph you should drive the car in D not OD true??? so any higher gas mileage tips on my 1988 crown vic ltd 5.0fi please give em up. intake, exhaust, adjusting something, anything. thanks kenny
    I am the GOD of ELeCTRIC HeLL FIrE!!, and I BrinG YOu..........

As far as the intake, a clean air filter will work wonders. I've heard a cold air intake doesn't do much on a stock lo-po 5.0.

If your exhaust is crap, replaced it with duals for sure. Gutted cats might help with mileage.

I never use OD under 35.... my new tranny won't go in OD at 35mph even if I let completely off the gas. My tranny usually won't let me in OD until 45 (and I have to coax it to go in at that speed), which I find a good speed to start using OD if the terrain is not very hilly. But if your car is going in OD at 35, keep her in Drive. I always use D around town when the speeds are less than 40mph. It bogs the engine less and you use less pedal (aka better MPG).

A tune up will probably help you out some (plugs, wires, 02 sensors, etc).
    1990 Country Squire - under restoration
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

my 88 comes with a cold air intake already i think it comes stock. also i just gutted the first two conver closest to the ground. how do i get to the next two?? thanks for the tips on the new air filter and tune up but thats always first thing for me that i do, all the cheap stuff you know. im lookin for some in depth shit for mileage if theres such a thing. im sue there probably only a few things i can do. thanks, kenny
      I am the GOD of ELeCTRIC HeLL FIrE!!, and I BrinG YOu..........

Comment

Working...
      X