No announcement yet.

Weird question about Transmission...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My TV pressure is so high (Full @ WOT) that I don't even get the clunk into OD until about 60mph even when in OD...

Of course, it's still habit to slam it down to D (my indicator isn't hooked up)
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the tranny shop said for roughly $800, they would pull the tranny out, rebuild everything, including pump, torque converter, and clutches and such. they couldnt believe that certified transmission charges double there price. i asked them about other mods and was told if it isnt strictly for racing, it will burn the tranny up sooner. they prefer putting in a c4 tranny, i think,i instead for those purposes. whatever the 3 spd tranny is.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Spend the money to get brian, scott's trans guy to build you one...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Bah, heavy duty parts aren't going to fail faster than standard. That doesn't even make sense. The A overdrive servo gives like 30% more clamping force on the overdrive band to reduce slipping and heat. The transgo kit shortens shifts, reducing clutch wear and heat, and the Supercoupe converter is a stock production Ford part with a slightly higher stall than stock, so you get a little extra oomph. Its not a huge change but the price isn't really substantially different than stock, so why not.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Correction 15% more surface area than a B servo, which is a direct correlation of 15% more holding force. The A+ super servo has 25% over a B, and there is one company making a new servo. Sonnax AOD Super-Size overdrive servo, that has a wopping 30% over the B servo, which actually enables the possibility of reliable WOT 4th gear usage!!!

The A and B servo are the exact same cost from Ford, about $70. The A+ Super servo is around $100, the only place I have noticed the Sonnax is here for $122. (about 1/5th down the page)
            Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-09-2006, 10:54 PM.

Comment

OK, I'll defer to you, since you've actually had one of these open lol. Most I've ever done with a transmission is change the fluid or the whole transmission. Oh, I did remove and re-install the shift lever on my AOD after making a lever from a Mark VII compatible with a Panther. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was functional. Also didn't have manual first gear but it was good enough to get me down the road. Incidentally, in case you were wondering, those shift levers are a bitch to drill through! I had to cut the VII lever and drill like a 1/2" hole through it. Burned up three (different size) drill bits doing that.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X