Oh crap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh crap!!!

you guys are scarin me on th HO swap. I aint been online in a couple weeks. My 91 CV has been in my shop since late Jan. Im running an 87 EEC and tried to run with nonHO intake and upper intake and injectors. Sounds Pretty damn good out the duals in front of back tires but runs super rich. Ive read what I need to do for HO upper intake conversion my Question is can I still run the nonHO lower intake? Ive got the HO lower and upper but there is no injectors. What pound injectors should I get?

HO and the LOPO lower intake are the same from what I have heard. You need to run 19 lb/hr HO injectors if your running the HO ecm, along with an HO cam. If your swapping to the HO upper intake, have the lopo egr bored out to 63 mm and use at least the stock 60mm HO throttle body.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Yes, the HO and the stock lower intakes are the same. What exactly is your setup like, what cam/heads/intake/injectors/computer are on the car right now?
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

What have you done to your car exactly?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
        5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Its a 91 crown Vic. I bought a 92 mustang HO eng with the lower & upper intake in a box with no wiring or injectors. Without doing any research, I installed eng thinking just swap and go. Then I came across different firing order and the snowball started rolling. All i know is its a 92 Mustang eng that is in sound condition. Ive read I needed a non mas airflow eec so I got one from a 88 GT. As of now I have LOPO lower & upper intake & injectors. It dumps fuel into oil and out of exhaust, but sounds pretty good. Also have LOPO exh manifolds with gutted cats and duals

Comment

What firing order are you using?

The installed ECM is from the 1988 Mustang 5.0 correct? If so, that should be OK to get the car running, but it will not allow you to use cruise control. If you want cruise, get an 88-92 Mark VII ECM.

You also need the correct injectors. If you're running the stock grey top injectors, they're 14 lb/hr. You need the orange top 19 lb/hr injectors to make this thing run properly. The intakes aren't going to cause this, but really you should swap to the HO upper and mod the EGR spacer and throttle body to let the motor breathe correctly. If you're spitting raw fuel and oil out the exhaust, there is something seriously wrong here. I would suggest a compression test to make sure you don't have a hole in a piston or something.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X