Guys my esxhuast smells like rotten eggs and i got a wierd smoke but i dont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 83countrysquire
    well they didnt hoook up those vaccum lines b/c they were rusted out but should i hook them up

So... they put new cats in just for fun because you didn't have them, but they neglected to put new air injection tubes on which are critical to converter operation... Idiots.
    Because of the type of converters used in our cars, the converter will overheat and eat itself up without the air being injected into it. Those little tubes are NOT optional.
    If your motor is running rich, you can kill your shiny new cats within a couple of hundred miles. This is something the Einstein crowd does not realize about their cats. Those who blondly(not misspelled) run without their O2 sensors functioning can kill their cats in a very short time because of their mixture running on the rich side.

Comment

Mine operated fine for 4 years without the tubes on them.

BTW, you may not have spelled "blondly" wrong, but it isn't a real word anyway.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

My car smelled like sulfer when it was missing. I was running on like 7 cylinders and since it was dumping in the extra fuel it smelled. I would look into if you car is running rich. When were the plugs and wires last changed? I put new plugs in mined and it cured the stink.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
        X