Tranny help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny help needed

So far this week I replaced the TV grommet with a brass one, and today I drained the pan and replaced the fluid. I did not have the chance to drain the torque converter because of weather problems. I was basically covered in mud and tranny fluid all day. I added some Lucas Tranny additive to the new fluid I put in. The other day when I replaced the grommet, I adjusted the TV pressure. When I drove it though, I noticed no difference. Is it possible I fucked up the TV adjustment. I disconnected the TV line from the throttle body, then I took a cinder block and placed it on the gas pedal so that I could work freely with both hands. I popped the white tab out, made sure the rod moved freely, and then set it to max.

Right now, the car shifts under moderate throttle at about 19-21mph. Then as you accelerate to about 30-32, it kind of feels like it's bogging down. I have been driving it in D, not OD. Any ideas?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Hopefully the tranny isn't fuxorEd from the TV grommet being shitty.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sounds like the grommet may have already caused a blown transmission, but it could be the shift governor.
      It's a fairly easy fix, but you'd need to drain the transmission, again.
      Just fuck it and install a T5.
      Oh- it bogs down because it's basically shifting straight into third.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nah, no T5 for me.

I took it for a drive again, and it didn't seem as bad as I thought. GO is definitely the slowest of all the boxes I've owned, but I'll deal with that in time, lol. I'm gonna save up and get a new AOD. I'm just glad to be driving a Vic again.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

One thing you can try:
          When it's about to get sticky like you said, give it a little more gas, so it'll build up enough pressure to hold the gear longer. My dad's does the same thing even after we adjusted the TV, so we just give it a little more gas once it shifts into second.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Working...
          X