For those considering a carb swap.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those considering a carb swap.....

I guess you can leave the in tank pump and just use a few regulators. Makes it alot simpler. And cheaper depending on what pump you were planning on using. Wish I woulda known about this.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

When I did the swap I used a mechanical FP, and made a pickup tube out of some steel tube. Cost<$1.00 and I had to drop the tank. Not that much work.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

me too, my tank was a bitch to get out tho, and it was leaking all over me

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I empty mine out before dropping it. Easy way is to hotwire the relay and put a long hose on the filter.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yeah, but also an expensive way.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I bought my electric inline for $60. I'd rather have a new pump than buy regulators to use on an old pump.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

LMAO, that company in Troy they mention, Kinsler Fuel Injection - the owner's son is one of my best friends, too bad he likes Chevys

Comment

If you use this part

The plumb in a larger return line you will have a KILLER adjustable fuel system. This will support a mucho hairy NOS system and will NEVER allow your carb to run short of fuel.

At 160 clams, not the cheap way out by any means but you do get a nice fuel system for the $$
                2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Working...
                X