Dynomax Super Turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynomax Super Turbos

Does anyone know how much a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler would run for my exhaust system (assuming its the ones for an 87-93 Mustang GT that I need). Just wondering because I've been trying to find them but alot of parts stores don't stock them or have them on backorder. I tried the website too but they don't list their prices.

If I can't find a pair of Super Turbos, what would be probably the next best muffler. Im looking for a good deep V8 sound but with little drone at cruising speeds.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Check Advance Auto Parts, or Ebay

Oh, and they sound GREAT.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dynomax race bullets.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I'm probably going Super Turbos on my car. Lincolnmania has them on his car, and I like the sound. Slowly I'm cloning his car.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, I'll check advance auto parts and ebay. I like the Super turbos too, they sound great on my cousins 98 Cobra. What are the race bullets though? Will they be too loud for a daily driver though?
          Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
          2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
            too loud for a daily driver though?
            No such thing!

Comment

Thats why your car has pipes on it tom. With a muffling device. If could fit longtubes id run em open.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Found some super turbos on the advanced auto parts website, but there is about 50 different ones to choose from. I plan on running shorty headers, the stock catted h-pipe from a 89 Mustang LX 5.0 with stock vic tailpipes and s10 midpipes. Can I go with the same dimensions as the stock vic dual exhaust mufflers?
                Last edited by 87mefull; 02-15-2006, 01:29 AM.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

Dynomax race bullets - I want those!

I have super turbos with a stock mustang h-pipe and its too quiet for my tastes.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I found the right dynomax super turbos for my car, at least I think I did. The part number is 17732 from advance auto parts and they are a direct oem replacement for factory dual exhaust on an 87 CV/GM. I figured its going to be quiet with the 4 cats, unless I go with a glass pack or straight through muffler.:evil:
                    Last edited by 87mefull; 02-15-2006, 01:39 AM.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

I have 2 2-1/2" Super Turbos on my Vic, people say it's loud outside, but inside it's perfect. A nice clean note on heavy acceleration, and barely noticable on cruise. I'd say these are perfect for a daily driver, really keeps the daily drone away, while still letting people know where you stand. ;-)

Comment

our super turbos sound good blaze cause we aint got cats.......they are a bvit quieter without cats.........what kinda system u puttin on your 87 gm? might have some new in the box pro force mufflers you might be interested in
                        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                          our super turbos sound good blaze cause we aint got cats.......they are a bvit quieter without cats.........what kinda system u puttin on your 87 gm? might have some new in the box pro force mufflers you might be interested in
                          scott
                          I plan on just running shorty headers (u still have them) with a 89 LX 5.0 Mustang h-pipe, stock 2" tailpipes and S10 midpipes. Just trying to do a budget dual exhaust setup for now since I have PA emissions. If they will be louder than the super turbos with the stock 4 cat h pipe I'll be interested in those pro force mufflers.

Associated Panthers:

Comment

alittle off the topic... BUT will a h-pipe from a 87-93 5.0 mustang bolt up to the exhaust manifolds of a 89 CV??? or do i have to use the headers for the mustang 5.0???

Comment

Originally posted by beep_beep
                              alittle off the topic... BUT will a h-pipe from a 87-93 5.0 mustang bolt up to the exhaust manifolds of a 89 CV??? or do i have to use the headers for the mustang 5.0???
                              Gotta use the headers...

Comment

Working...
                              X