Headlight switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight switch

Does anybody know if the connecter is the same with or without autolamp I need to replace mine and there is a big differnce in price. thanks

I don't think there is. I took a light swtich out of a town car. Totaly diffenret autolamp system. Hooked right in minus the autolamp.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Comment

Im pretty sure they are different...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks Ill just have to look atboth at the parts store.

Comment

Ken,

I had the same problem with a 89 Marquis. Go to the parts store and but a switch for an 88 F-150. Same connector, minus the autolamp. Only hitch is that the knob shaft is longer for the original autolamp switch. What I did with mine was I put the original shatft in, removed the knob, and bent the shaft at a right angle so it was "L-shaped". Worked perfect after that, and saved about $60.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X