Gas Pedal Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Pedal Sticking

At first I thought it was the actuall pedal, the bolt rusted, and getting stuck. Than I thought it was the throtlle getting caught on the intake. Than I thought the throtlle just needed to be greased. Well I don't know what it is I went to go spray some wd40 and I went to move it and it wouldn't move. I kinda noticed that it was just plain weird how it wouldn't move. Maybe my cable is shot?

When I first get in the car I have the smash it down. It won't go down if I don't. Sometimes it get's stuck at around WOT and won't come up for a couple of seconds. That's pretty scary.
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Have you looked closely at your carpet to see if there is a whole in it there? My 76 Chevy pickup does the same and I looked at the linkage and stuff and it was all fine. Then I realize my pedal was getting caught on the carpeting. Alittle duct tape fixed that problem.LOL
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I thought it was my new floor matts at first but it's not.

(Did you do the suspension on your car?)
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

Ya I did do my own suspension.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Setting that "idle screw" too low will make the throttle plate jam in the body and cause this problem. Thats actually what that screw does, its designed to position the plate just open enough so that it won't stick.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ah. So I should go out there and fix it shouldn't I.

Does thst effect the TPS setting at all?

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

4 Door Muscle
              Supermotors

Comment

Working...
              X