Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gas mileage sucks... how about yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KOER is an engine running self-test, stands for Key On Engine Running. KOEO is the stored codes test, stands for Key On Engine Off. You really need both sets of codes. In a perfect world you'll get 11 on both, but since you know about the smog pump that can be ignored. Actually if you want to get rid of that, just plug the control solenoid in for the smog pump and let it think its doing something. Probably don't even need to hook vacuum to it, just the electrical connection should silence that alert.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What about if you put it in neutral and rev it? Does it still stay at 5,080 or does it hit the rev limiter?
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Mine pulls to 6K before the limiter..

Oh wait, I got an MSD 6AL
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My capri has duraspark and no limiter. Accidently hit like 7-8k one time. In neutral of course.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
            KOER is an engine running self-test, stands for Key On Engine Running. KOEO is the stored codes test, stands for Key On Engine Off. You really need both sets of codes. In a perfect world you'll get 11 on both, but since you know about the smog pump that can be ignored. Actually if you want to get rid of that, just plug the control solenoid in for the smog pump and let it think its doing something. Probably don't even need to hook vacuum to it, just the electrical connection should silence that alert.

Ok, yeah did both. And all I got was the spog pump, the solenoid is removed so kinda hard to plug it in

I reset the ECU and it had no effect on the problem.

Anyways, I'm going to do the neutral RPM test tomorrow, don't want to disturb my neighbors. Also, plan on installing my new electric rad-fan that I got for free from an 05 V6 stang....thank you Ford! Then I will start setting up my new filter box/intake routing setup. Still gotta decide how I am going to go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
              My capri has duraspark and no limiter. Accidently hit like 7-8k one time. In neutral of course.
              And you didn't throw a rod or have the valvetrain fly apart? Dayumm
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

When I had my Camaro the throttle cable wasn't adjusted right. It wouldn't shift into 3rd gear. Not knowthing this when I had first gotten it I had accidently reved to 9,000 rpms at 80-85mph in 2nd gear.
                1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
                -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
                Supermotors

Comment

Its still in one piece yes.
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS
                  flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Wow...now what's that say for american iron?
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS

Comment

:bump: :bump: Any news Blaze?
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS

Comment

I'm a little confused. It sounds like it is going past 5100rpm, but the tac hits like a brick at 5100rpm and goes no farther, even though it goes up to 8K. I don't know what to think. Either way I know I still have problems, because ocasional under haevy partial throttle, it will sputter and backfire, then after a few seconds of that it will kick in like nitrous. I dunno what to think. I'm still working on putting that new fan in. Then after that I am going to work on putting a new filter box, intake tubing, and maf sensor in.

Comment

Hm...it almost sounds like an ignition problem, like it can't fire any faster than 5100. It doesn't hit the rev-limter though?
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Try putting it on an o-scope...
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sorry, what I meant to say is to say was that the tach hits 5100rpm but the engine seems to go higher. Like I need a better tac. Guess I need to get that hood tach soon.

Comment

The hood tach is ugly too me. What if it gets wet.
                                1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
                                -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
                                Supermotors

Comment

Working...
                                X