Stock 302 + supercharger = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
    Do not do nitrous on a strickly street car. If you hit the nitrous and let off the throttle do to an emergency you will blow the motor no doubt. You can get saftey switches to prevent it but I wouldnt do the nitrous anyway.
    Please leave the nitrous comments to those of us who use it. At the very least, please try and educate yourself first before saying anything. Nitrous is very safe for a street engine with a properly installed system and a smart tune. There is no danger of blowing up your motor when you let off. You have to let off at the track the same as on the street. All systems include a microswitch with them.

Comment

Well, I don't think swapping heads, cams, and such is too extensive for my abilities, it's just I've never done it before so as you said it would be good to have someone more experienced help me out. Unfortunately I don't know anyone of that kind (most kids at my school have their mechanics work on their cars), and I also cannot afford paying someone to do the job. I would actually take on the HO conversion, if I had a garage at least, but I don't :drug:

But point is taken, no extra boost for the stock engine.

Comment

Glad you said that.

When I first read this thread, the first thing that came into my mind was "Reminds me of a Honda or Mitzu boy who doesnt know better"

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
          Do not do nitrous on a strickly street car. If you hit the nitrous and let off the throttle do to an emergency you will blow the motor no doubt. You can get saftey switches to prevent it but I wouldnt do the nitrous anyway.
          Please leave the nitrous comments to those of us who use it. At the very least, please try and educate yourself first before saying anything. Nitrous is very safe for a street engine with a properly installed system and a smart tune. There is no danger of blowing up your motor when you let off. You have to let off at the track the same as on the street. All systems include a microswitch with them.

Sorry mang, I didnt know. I had heard it form somewhere and it came to mind. I sawry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Sorry mang, I didnt know. I had heard it form somewhere and it came to mind. I sawry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
            You better be sorry... punk.

Nah, the biggest danger is idoits street racing with it on a daily basis

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

Speed kills.

Drive a VW.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I did my H.O. conversion without ever working on a car that extensively before. The 5.0 engine is pretty easy to build compared to some of todays overhead cam engines. All I did was ask the people on here (who I couldn't have done without ) and read from my chilton, and I am also mechanically/electrically inclined. It did take 3 months to complete though, because it was my first time, If I was to do it again right now, it might take a week tops. Hope that helps
                1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Sorry mang, I didnt know. I had heard it form somewhere and it came to mind.
                  Forgetaboutit.....

Comment

It can be done on the motor, but it's not really worth the money and time for the end result. the tuning, fuel sytem, supercharger, accessory brackets (wp, A/C, PS), etc for another 50 or so HP on a lopo is waste. If you don't want to do the H/C/I swap, then buy a complete HO motor and swap that in.

I would be very surprised if the blown lopo would put out the same HP as a HO motor-and it would more than likley cost 3-4(or more) times what a HO swap would to do it right.

Example: My buddy put a paxton on a carb'd 2.3L mustang...spent about 6K and my wasted 87 vic would walk all over it. He never even got into the 15's with it. It had a ported head, forged block, balanced, header, Holley 4bbl, offy intake, and a ton of dyno tuning.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Aightie, I'll be either going the HO way when I get access to a garage. 3 months is way too long though, I'll try to do it over one of those mid-summer 3-day weekends

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan D
                        Aightie, I'll be either going the HO way when I get access to a garage. 3 months is way too long though, I'll try to do it over one of those mid-summer 3-day weekends
                        i did the heads and cam in 4 hours....
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                        X