4bbl swap parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
    So, very stupid question, If I buy 3/8 aluminum fuel line, how do I plumb it to the tank and the fuel pump(which is a 3/8 fitting)? I can buy fittings that I flare on each end and connect them right? They make adapters from the regular -8 or -6 to 3/8 or whatever. I dont want to use rubber line as much as possible.

Don't screw around.......use AN fittings.

female fitting

male fitting

Don't use regular rubber hose and clamps. Use Aeroquip push-lock (socketless) braided hose and AN fittings.

Comment

I ran new fuel lines when I converted my 90 Mustand to carb. I ran pre-flared 3/8" hardline and unions that you can buy at the discount auto store. That fancy braided line is nice, but not really necessary.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TommyN
        I ran pre-flared 3/8" hardline and unions that you can buy at the discount auto store.
        Good point......don't bother with aluminum line unless you are willing to spend the cash on the proper fittings. Just use steel line from the parts store.

Comment

aluminum line is easier to work with but if you are not carefull it can crimp on you in a bend. steel is a little harder to bend but doesnt crimp as easy.
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Do I need to buy a fuel pump eccentric on my motor to run a mechanical fuel pump? Or does a cfi car already have it?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Never mind it already has one.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

It does? Funny. I was thinking the EFI cars wouldn't have it in there already. Some of them didn't have the boss in the timing covers for the pump either. My 86 motor didn't have the boss, my 88 HO has it, but the hole isn't punched through and there is no eccentric on the cam gear. I guess maybe some of them had it and some don't?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine has the boss too, but not punched either, cfi motors are very close to the carb motors. Since the 88 has a roller cam I guess ford would bother putting eccentrics on the roller cams since they were all fuel injected.

Comment

Mmmmmmm...fresh parts!

Well it's coming along nicely, I need a few more parts and I will start this friday afternoon hopefully

Comment

Nice!

And for the record, I think your carb swap will be faster than mine...
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

nope, you got a 2dr and 3:08's and a great exhaust.

I got even more lbs and crappy 2:73's with stock exhaust mainfolds.

Comment

Get 256 ucks, get the headers and offroad H

Also, I have 28" tires, so i'm closer to 2.73s indeed

Comment

In due time, I got to replenish the funds after this.

Comment

That's cool...

you already have duals, don't you? I forget what mufflers...

And how loud are they now?

Expect them to get louder :evil:

Comment

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Comment

Working...
                                X