No announcement yet.

Radiators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to put this here... https://www.radiatorexpress.com/prod...aia_id=1199471

It's a direct swap all-aluminum option that only requires finding a good driver side bracket to replace the passenger side and hogging out the rubber bushing at the bottom support to bolt the thing in.
    The price is nice too. I'll probably end up using this in my beater instead of an F150 raiator since it's not much more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      only requires finding a good driver side bracket to replace the passenger side and hogging out the rubber bushing at the bottom support to bolt the thing in.
      You gotta do that with the Mk6/5.8 rads too, at least the aftermarket ones... There are actually two driver-side brackets available on these cars, well three if you count the tall ones. But the flatter ones come in two lengths, one you gotta stretch for the big rads, the other you gotta squeeze in a little.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

That's the same radiator I got Sly, and my buddy at the shop said it's "not even close". Guess i'll hang onto it a while, should I ever actually need a radiator this huge. The lame stock-replacement seems to keep it cool as hell for now.

Comment

not even close? meaning too small? too big?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

This is the radiator I use, but I didn't pay that much for it. My receipts says $179.99. And mine is lifetime not 1 year warranty.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
            George Burns

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
              This is the radiator I use, but I didn't pay that much for it. My receipts says $179.99. And mine is lifetime not 1 year warranty.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...patibilityTab_
              Best warranty I can find is 2 year for the Spectra Premium CU552. Everything else is a 1 year warranty. Where'd you get the lifetime warranty?

Comment

I originally bought it off of Schuck Auto Parts online. Then I needed to get it fixed/replaced I found out O'Reilly's bought them out and honored the warranty.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
                George Burns

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  not even close? meaning too small? too big?
                  Think it was more a matter where it sits and the hold-downs but i'm not sure. I may pull the new one out when I do water pump/cover/timing chain so i'll check it out then. Not really necessary but I don't really want to fuck up my new radiator thrashing around down there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
                    I originally bought it off of Schuck Auto Parts online. Then I needed to get it fixed/replaced I found out O'Reilly's bought them out and honored the warranty.
                    Ah. I'm SOL then.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Think it was more a matter where it sits and the hold-downs but i'm not sure. I may pull the new one out when I do water pump/cover/timing chain so i'll check it out then. Not really necessary but I don't really want to fuck up my new radiator thrashing around down there.
                    No need to shove it in the car... if you still have it sitting around, just get the width/height/thickness of the overall and core and I can compare that to a stock radiator. Should be able to figure out if the thing will mount easy or hard.

Comment

Haha, you said mount easy. Will measure that sucker tomorrow and let you know. Too damn hot now, it's beer time.

Comment

Working...
                      X