Fuel filter connector repair kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel filter connector repair kits?

Hi, does anyone know if repair kits are available for the lines that connect to the fuel filter? I was going to change mine today but the clip was pretty much seized in place on one side (and part of the connector was cracked) so I'd rather have it repaired than to do more damage. If anyone has used a specific kit in the past I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Thanks guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1280114

Dorman part # 800-054

5/16 In. Quick Connector, Straight w/ 18 In. of 3/8 In. Nylon Tube and a Union

Does that sound right? I'm pretty sure the inlet and outlet on my fuel filter are 5/16", but not 100% sure about the actual fuel lines.
    Last edited by billfrank85; 05-06-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Fuel filter inlet and outlet are 5/16", same as the fuel lines.
      I don't know anything about that repair kit though; I've never used one.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I have used one of the repair kits once. It comes with a length of nylon hose (it's rigid) with a connector built on, like the one you posted. There is a brass barb with it that inserts into the old hose and the new hose (goes in easier if warmed up, but this is a fuel line, so use every caution!) Works great. As far as your size, I dunno, because Ford has gone back and forth on that. There is a few years of Explorer that have one size inlet and another size outlet. I recommend that you ask for the fitting AND your proper fuel filter at your local parts store so you can make sure it fits your vehicle. That's how I chose mine and it was good!
        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
        X