Got these parts and more for $40 bucks **pics**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got these parts and more for $40 bucks **pics**

A buddy of mine needed some dough so he sold me these for $40. I also got a full set of rocker arms, a set of mustang V/Cs and a '84 TC grill.

60mm Throttle body:

60mm EGR spacer:

80mm - 70mm Mass air thingy:

He also had a HO lower and upper intake, but I didn't take those. I wish I had

The parts were only used like a few months or so.
    Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

well..... the throttle body is only part you can really use and you have to swap the throttle levers to make it work.

the Mustang EGR spacer will not work on a CV unless you modify it some how to allow the throttle linkage to bolt on.
    The MAF housing you posted a picture of is a stock Mustang unit, which measures 55mm, NOT 70mm-80mm. Additionally the actual MAF sensor is missing off the top of housing, so it's essentially not useable.

see if you can take the MAF housing and EGR spacer back to trade for the HO upper intake. That, combined with the larger Throttle body and a bored, stock CV EGR spacer would be the first step to an HO coversion.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

Did you convert to MAF on your lincoln? I thought 89 was still MAP?

Comment

the only maf lopo's were the 91 california vics and gm's........towncar had the 4.sux in 91

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Never knew they even made a MAF lopo. The Mark VII never got MAF either, stayed speed density till the last year, 1992.

And I gotta ask, whats the black thingy with 5.0 stamped in it sitting next to the throttle body?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's just a dust cap.

Comment

I measured the MAF housing at the end openings. One end is 80mm and the other is 70mm. I guess the middle is around 55mm.

As for the EGR spacer; there is a machine shop down the road. I plan on taking this one and the TC spacer there and having them "convert" the new one over.

As for the upper and lower intakes; he took them to the recycling yard

There are aftermarket MAF sensors available, specifically sized for the injectors. I plan on buying a new 331 or 347 crate motor so I will probably go with 30lb injectors.

Should I use an A9P or an A9L computer? I've also seen A9Ss around although rare.

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

A9L and A9P seem to be the most popular.. I ran an A9P on my car for a while. A9L would be the best choice for a 347 motor as it is the most tuneable software wise. you can even set it up to run an electric fan.

A9L is manual trans, A9M, A9P are automatic transmissions.
                  A9S and A9T are from the FRPP Maf conversion kit, I forget which one is auto and which is manual.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Is it true that the A9L has a more aggressive timing curve? I guess you can retune the A9P to work the same, though.

What would be the best tuning package to tweak the computer with?

1989 LTC

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

rumor is superchips is working on a PC based tuner for the EEC-IV cars, similar to the twEECer.

The TwEECer is an adapter which connects to the J3 service port of the 1984-2004 Ford EEC PCM, giving you the ability to modify parameters in the calibration data with parameters that match the modifications which you have made to your engine combo. So as you add performance to your car, you can easily match the EEC to your combo.

Comment

Working...
                      X