Engine oil oressure sending unit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine oil oressure sending unit...

I need an oil pressure sending unit for my 91, with the gauge. The sending unit looks like a "can" with one connection on top... I had one, but after the flood in my house, I have no idea where the heck it is now, and mine is slowly dying. Anyone have the part number for one? These dumb ass websites for the supposedly "in the know" auto parts store doesn't list them on their web sites.. even NAPA.... They told me if I can come up with a number, they can find one... NO ONE wants to work to help the customer anymore!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Have you checked Rockauto or Motorcraft.com. At least you can get part numbers form them if Rockauto carries OEM for that part). Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Do you have the police gauges? I'm assuming you do by the description.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

ps142 at autozone for the one I used. Not sure if that's the "can" one you mean as it's bell shaped.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looking under Mustang on Rockauto I found
          Motorcraft part# SW2433 for 1991 Mustang with gauge
          Motorcraft part# SW1547B for 1989 Mustang with gauge (listed as equivalent to the PS142 that Sly mentioned)

AZ lists PS260 for 91 Mustang

Perhaps one of those would work.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

you'd be looking for truck or Mustang parts. The only thing that is likely listed for the Vic is the idiot light switch, which will not operate the gauge.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X