Header Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn man!

FWIW, I bought these same headers about a year and a half ago and had no complaints. The welding on the primaries are not full on the outside, but it's thickly beaded all around on the inside.

Pretty scary to see what's happened. Hope you get it all sorted out.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I guess we're approaching the days when we have a choice of fabricating parts ourselves or order crap.

Packman

Comment

Apparently, because I have just discovered these headers leaking from the weld, like the previous ones, different location. Pretty definitive. I wish a different brand made 351 swap headers. I'm debating what to tell summit/ask for. i'm tired of receiving crap parts...
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I'd ask for my money back and figure something else out. Maybe something as boring as 90 Towncar manifolds and modify the H pipe to fit up to the smaller flange on the manifolds.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm going to ask for a free set and see what they say... isn't the problem with 5.0 headers is they don't hug the block enough, or reach as far down as the swap headers?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

bit of both. The 351 is taller and wider, so 302 parts don't quite fit right.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd ask for a free set too, but money back would be better. If you know a good welder you could try to have them repaired and recoated, that may work.

Has anyone tried any other shorty 351W headers, like 1st gen Mustangs or any other cars like the Torino? Also would 94-95 Mustang shorties fit? You can get shorty Hooker Super Comp headers to fit a 95 Cobra R, but doubtful they fit a Panther.
                Last edited by 88Vic; 05-08-2012, 12:18 AM.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

94-95 mustang parts are kinda iffy. And they have that ugly crossover pipe for the external EGR feed.

Comment

I like these. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-29D03AERL/

Use them for my Edelbrock Shorty's (the chevy SB version).
                    95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
                    96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
                    77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
                    98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
                    90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

They aren't leaking from the flange/head surfaces...that would be too easy. the welds are leaking...shitty welds.
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X