2150 carb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2150 carb ?

Okay guys. I have picked up an early 80s econoline carb. It is a 2150. Needs rebuilding. But my question is that how do I hook my transmission rod to that carb? The 2150 linkage is inwards instead of outwards like my vv. Does it knock or push to other side? Or do I just bend my throttle valve rod to fit?

can you get pics? Can't visualize what the linkage looks like on those. Also, if its off an Econoline, it probably had a C4 or C6 trans. Those kickdown linkages are a little different than an AOD TV rod. I think they have an E clip or somesuch that holds it on the peg, and you just pop the clip off and slide the rod off to the side to get it off the carb. Should be enough movement in that rod to allow it without bending anything.
    Last edited by gadget73; 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

That was a good link. Thanks man. Saved it on my phone.

And yes it is the peg type. When I tried this on my tudor the rod would not reach it plus it wouldn't turn that far to hook up to the carb. It would deffinately needed to be bent. And I still don't know if that would have worked. That's what I was kinda wondering about. I thought it was a direct fit without any modification. And I do belive this was a aod van. It was the luxury type version.

I was also looking at the motocraft 2150 Carbs on ebay and they have the same peg type hook up for tranny. But these was from 80 to 82. I couldn't fine one on ebay that was a later model.

But is this not the right carb that I need? I can take a picture of it if needed. Im not 100% sure if it came from an aod but I believe that's what the guy had told me it was. He scraped his van and saved me the carb.
        Last edited by Brandon; 10-12-2011, 07:38 PM. Reason: Fucking spell checker sux on phone!!

Comment

Meh ... try talking to the guys who've used a TV rod with an aftermarket carb.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

to my knowledge, the only 2150 that just fits with an AOD rod is off the 82 Thunderbird. Not sure when trucks got an AOD, but it was most likely sometime late enough that they didn't have a carb, and 83+ cars have CFI
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

84 F150 had a carb and AOD (Custom king cab my dad had at least).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X