No announcement yet.

What Is This I Don't Even 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I parked the car for a bit then took off, and I noticed a smallish spot of fluid under where my engine was.

I choose to believe it's from the truck that usually parks there. Yep.

It's fixed. Really. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_O View Post
      So I parked the car for a bit then took off, and I noticed a smallish spot of fluid under where my engine was.

I choose to believe it's from the truck that usually parks there. Yep.

It's fixed. Really. I hope.
      Degoop engine, rinse off. Wait for leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Degoop engine, rinse off. Wait for leaks.
        I don't own a power washer.

Comment

Don't need a power washer. Get engine degreaser and read the directions! Or go to a car wash...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
            Don't need a power washer. Get engine degreaser and read the directions! Or go to a car wash...
            I was at a car wash the other day. Am I supposed to open the hood before going through it?

Comment

LOL. Not one of those car washes. One of the do it yourself ones.

Comment

Might be the rear intake seal. Itll make a puddle like that. Crawl under and look.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride View Post
                  Might be the rear intake seal. Itll make a puddle like that. Crawl under and look.
                  Maybe I should just save up enough money to have the damn engine rebuilt. I probably have a half dozen busted piston rings or something anyways.

What does the average mechanic charge for an engine rebuild anyways?

Comment

Come to think of it, if an engine rebuild is on the agenda, I should probably replace the oil pan and oil pump while I'm at it. Could anyone tell me anything else I should replace while having this done?

Thanks again for input.

Comment

What does the average mechanic charge for an engine rebuild anyways?
                      5.5hrs (more likely 8) + cost of getting engine renewed + incidentals (oil & filter x2, hoses, clamps, gaskets, etc).

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                        5.5hrs (more likely 8) + cost of getting engine renewed + incidentals (oil & filter x2, hoses, clamps, gaskets, etc).

Alex.

Thanks dude.

Comment

my last machine shop bill was like 700 bucks for the block to be bored, crank polished, rods resized and fitted to the new pistons, block cleaned, and new cam bearings installed along with the engine kit. Then I had to put it together, and it was probably a solid 7-8 hours of work. You'd pay more for most any shop to rebuild an engine than you could buy a reman engine for, and most shops simply will not even do rebuilds. If you need a motor, you get a reman motor and thats it. They come with a warranty, where with a rebuild the shop doing the job has to be liable for it.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            my last machine shop bill was like 700 bucks for the block to be bored, crank polished, rods resized and fitted to the new pistons, block cleaned, and new cam bearings installed along with the engine kit. Then I had to put it together, and it was probably a solid 7-8 hours of work. You'd pay more for most any shop to rebuild an engine than you could buy a reman engine for, and most shops simply will not even do rebuilds. If you need a motor, you get a reman motor and thats it. They come with a warranty, where with a rebuild the shop doing the job has to be liable for it.
                            I'm prepared to pay $2500 for a completely rebuilt engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X