Variable venturi rebuild info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable venturi rebuild info?

Hey guys. Im looking at buying a rebuild kit from a malember on here. I have several laying around and figured I'd try it and see how it works out... anybody have any instructions on this? I have no idea. I never tore apart one of these. Any info would be great. Thanks guys

BOOM

Good luck let us know how it goes, especially because i might have to do it one day lol
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

when I get the Ford booklets (and the diagram that comes with the rebuild kit) I'll scan them in here.

Just something to mention: It seems that with significant upgrades a rebuild is required for the VV carb to compensate. After adding headers and 2.5" exhaust all the way back, my stock-tuning VV car is now presenting what seems like a lean miss at idle and over 3300RPM or so at full throttle. My guess is that I've opened up the exhaust too far for the carb to compensate. There is no way, that I'm aware of, to change mixture on these carbs without removal and at least partial dis-assembly. This may not be the case if you have already rebuilt the carb and left the "anti-tampering" plugs off, but I can't remember for sure.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...enturi+rebuild

BOOM

Good luck let us know how it goes, especially because i might have to do it one day lol
        That was very useful! Thanks mang

Comment

Working...
        X