Help Tranny shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Tranny shifting

the problem is i put it in drive hit the gas and it goes but ithe motor is screaming at 35 mph and Bam 2nd gear then at 65mph 3rd.WTF!after 35 min of driving the tranny shifts like it should.anyone know the problem ? anyone ever hear of this? any help is gratiously apreciated. :cuss:
    1985 GrandMarq
    Canadian mod.
    Stock for Now

Mine did the same thing when I tore up my planetary gears. Change your fluid and check for the amount of debrigh in the pan. It was acting funny on my Vic because the metal shavings were making the fluid thick untill everything got warmmed up and flowing ok.

You probobly don't have a bad gear like I did, but some thick fluid will cause that kind of problem. Cold it has too high internal pressure but warm it goes back to normal.

Comment

Having the TV cable set too tight will also cause this. Check how to adjust it here
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X