ratchet shifter - - anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ratchet shifter - - anyone done it?

has anybody put a ratchet shifter in a box? I think that would be freaking awesome if you had a shift kit and a shifter and bark the ol' 1-2 all day
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

anything is possible, but please change the steering column if you install a floor shifter. i hate looking inside cars with a dead lever on the column and a floor shifter installed.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... its not like it hard to do in relation, lol

i like ratchet shitfters... 1st time i saw one i couldnt stop playin with it
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i have a TCI street fighter for mine. I removed the colum shifter and all of the related parts.
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

When i get through this brake conversion and get some buckets in the Linc, I'm gonna do one

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I like it when the automatic shifts at the right rpms on its own. My buddies column shift Duster upshifts at 6000 rpm under WOT. A fancy shifter does not really make the car any quicker than a tranny that shifts at the right rpms WOT. You might be able to lighten the governor to shift at the rpm you want.

I kind of like black&flames 5spd conversion. It still has the automatic column shifter and the t5 shifter. I converted a 4spd stick Monza to automatic but kept the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal needed to be depressed for the starter to turn. A few people that drove the car were confused by that.

Just my opinions. If you like the ratchet shifter, go for it.

Tom

Comment

i have to go with a console shift due to my exhaust. with the mid-legnth headers they would run right into the shifter linkage.
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

mine will have it. I hate coloum shifters

but then, i've only ever owned manual vehicles, so with a manual valve body, it will be close enough to what i'm subconciously attuned with
                GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by TommyN
                  I converted a 4spd stick Monza to automatic but kept the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal needed to be depressed for the starter to turn. A few people that drove the car were confused by that.
                  thats even easier to do away with than the column shifter!!! splice 2 wires together....
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

My buddy had the starter on his truck wired to the wiper switch. Turn it to start the truck. I like column shifters. But I want a 5 speed so it will disapear one day.
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS
                    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                      Originally posted by TommyN
                      I converted a 4spd stick Monza to automatic but kept the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal needed to be depressed for the starter to turn. A few people that drove the car were confused by that.
                      thats even easier to do away with than the column shifter!!! splice 2 wires together....
                      Sort of an antitheft device and pushing the pedal in was so simple, I did not change it.

Comment

Working...
                      X