pcv screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcv screen

Well its a 91 gm and ive had an issue with the engine not running good with ac on. Also it was overheating on a 500 mile trip over the weekend. In the past 6 months i replaced the fan cluch, thermostat, coolant flush, egr, iac, distributer rebuild including tfi module, plugs and wires, cap and roter, maf, transmission, puter. Im sure im missing something here. Anymays i took off the plenum to chack the vac lines and change the pcv valve and there is no screen in the pcv hole. Will i be making a mistake by not putting a screen in there?
    My wife and I.sigpic

Yes.
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

You'll have increased oil consumption if you don't use the screen. Motorcraft FA-1068.
      1990 Country Squire - under restoration
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I ran mine without a screen for about 6 months. When I took the upper off for something, the oil was literally pouring out of it. I put a screen in and never had that happen again. Replace the rubber grommet while you're in there if its not soft. Once they turn hard, they do not seal properly anymore.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

After I posted this yesterday I went out and got the screen nobody had the grommet but the one in there is still somewhat pliable I can flex the top collar the sleeve part isnt very pliable though. How long do i have to change this screen?
          My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Man I was putting the screen grommet and pcv in and found a crack in the pcv hose what should I use as a replacement?
            My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HATNINJA View Post
              Man I was putting the screen grommet and pcv in and found a crack in the pcv hose what should I use as a replacement?
              I replaced mine with regular rubber hose.
              1990 Country Squire - under restoration
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

frack!

man i love this car... the simple pcv job has now turned into thr removal of the air pump, new water pump, new timing chain and gears!!! hell i dont even have the plenum back on yet due to having to order the egr spacer gasket!!! i lleft it loose to weasle the spacer on but hell ill just take it back off and change valve cover gaskets, what the hell right? the wife said man thisgetting to be expensive but i said everything will be new except for crank, pistons, cam, and heads! i also went with gadgets suggestion on the ac belt they didnt have the # he said he uses i got 5060540 because they didnt have the 538 i hope it works because i live in bfe and its 90 min round trip to town. gadget will i be able to take up this little extra slack with the tensioner?
                My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X