Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust?

Will an x pipe fit on our cars?. I know the mustang h will but how about an x?
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

i don't see why it wouldnt. Just make sure it'll fit around the aod

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

The X pipe I'm going to eventually hang under my car came off a Grand Marquis, so it should fit.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I remember reading something about fitment around the transmission being a problem. Must not be that bad, from what gadget said..
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

This one came off 88grandmarq's car, so he would know.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mustang X-pipes fit. obviously the higher end units will git better then the less expensive ones. Bassani and BBK are usually the best ones.

the pipe I bought was from a Mustang place off E-bay. its basically a home made unit some one bent up with a pipe bender and a welder. The pipe fit, but only after I made some modifications to it, then it was really close, about 1/8" clearence between the trans pan and drivers side cat converter.

The problem was the converters were placed too far forward in the pipes, most of the higher end units have the converters places farther back so it clears the trans pan much better.

If you want maximum torque and can get away with not running converters, the MAC pro-chamber is what you want.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I plan on running converters and was looking at the bbk. So it will fit then. Did you have to bend the pipe or cut some of the cat shield.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

You coul also flip through the jegs or summit catalog and find a xpipe "section" it can be added to pretty much dual exhaust set-up and its much cheaper to buyit...then get a couple of high flow converters wleded in. You can get high flow cats on ebay for 70 bucks...x-pipe section for 50-80..then ahve it all welded up...and come out way sheaper than 300-400 bucks for a catted stang xpipe
                1989 T-Bird SC. 10% pulley, SCP CAI,B&M ripper shifter,Gutted cats,3in Borla exhaust,NX..although just a purge now,FRPP Aluminum 3rd member with 3.55's..FOR SALE!!

Comment

Working...
                X