With the quickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the quickness

I have something I have been wondering? what is the stock specs on a lopo cam?? whats its rpm range?

lift: .237 int
    .247 exh
    duration: 244 int
    256 exh
    lobe center:104 int
    111 exh
    there is a dyno list somewhere here where(iirc) the lopo cam has all its torque at around 3 grand,and the horsepower tops out at around 4500.
    [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Originally posted by ironstealth View Post
      lift: .237 int
      .247 exh
      duration: 244 int
      256 exh
      lobe center:104 int
      111 exh
      there is a dyno list somewhere here where(iirc) the lopo cam has all its torque at around 3 grand,and the horsepower tops out at around 4500.
      o.k. thanks man, Im learning about cams so the lobe center is mild but the duration is decent but the lift sucks right? the H.O. is .444 on I and E right?
      I was just curious if the lopo cam is a good torque cam and the heads and compresion is holding it back, Just curious if it is worthwhile for anything other than a paper weight?

Comment

its a great torquer cam but its just done with by 4500 or so, no matter what heads you have. Better heads help it a huge amount, but its a torque curve more suited to a pickup truck or towing than a real performance vehicle. If you upgrade the heads, and leave the stock cam and gears you'll have a nice economical highway cruiser but its not going to be a screamer.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          its a great torquer cam but its just done with by 4500 or so, no matter what heads you have. Better heads help it a huge amount, but its a torque curve more suited to a pickup truck or towing than a real performance vehicle. If you upgrade the heads, and leave the stock cam and gears you'll have a nice economical highway cruiser but its not going to be a screamer.
          Thank you sir, thats the info I was looking for, I figure lopo motors are a dime a dozen and lots of time you can find them relativley unabused due to being in townies and GM, crown vics, I thought that a lopo motor would be decent for like a halfton truck or something along those lines, I figured if the cam was good for torque wich it seems to be if you threw a lopo in a truck with a four bbl and some headers it wouldnt be such a bad lil unit.
          oh and btw whats the differnce between lopo cam and explorer cam? similar power band or is it the valve float that usally holds the explorer back?

Comment

so thats-
            lopo- 244/246 .379/.395 with 1.6 rocker
            HO- 276/266 .444/.444 with 1.6 rocker

imho the lopo cam is tiny, and leaves alot of room for improvement

Comment

yeah, its tiny. They actually used it on 92-93 pickup trucks. 94+ got the Explorer cam, which is much more lively, though its still not what anyone would call a big cam. Similar power band, with more top end and midrange power. The Explorer cam with good valve springs will pull maybe 5000 rpm, and then it kind of quits. The Explorer valve springs usually give up a bit under 5000 though. I've had my car up at 5200, and at that speed its making a lot of noise and not much else. Its happy with a WOT shift at 4800.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                so thats-
                lopo- 244/246 .379/.395 with 1.6 rocker
                HO- 276/266 .444/.444 with 1.6 rocker

imho the lopo cam is tiny, and leaves alot of room for improvement
                wow that is kinda dinky lol ok thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X