TO PEOPLE WITH REPLACEMENT RADIATORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#552 Core: 28 x 17 3/4 x 2 1/4 , 3 row
    Get this one... the three row radiator is heavy duty... Get the two top mounts out of a 1990 model lincoln town car, (you will need two, the town car came with one wide mount, that will fit over the three row radiator.. So you will need to find the mount out of two cars... that is the only real thing you will have to do to make it fit...) It is really worth it to have the bigger radiator... I put the three row in mine... made a lot of difference this last summer... of course, I'm in Florida!!! But it also helps on my car in parades, as they are usually long periods of idling or driving really slow...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Went to the parts store, with all the info from here and my own research printed out, and even a picture of the rad not fitting in the car. I walked in and as soon as a guy saw the radiator box he was apologizing for the mix up and telling me that the correct rad (#547) was already set aside for me. Both the guy I talked to on the phone and the guy I originally bought from were there, remembered all the details and apologized profusely. It was pretty satisfying to hear someone repeating the part number I had underlined on my sheet, instead of another silly argument.

I was ready for a big battle with a bunch of durrr type parts store guys, but in the end going to a little local place with a good rep paid off. The new radiator was only 20 bucks more than the wrong one, too. When I opened the box, I was greeted with something 100% identical to what I had pulled out of the car. It was exactly correct, but the clerks still insisted I measure it to be sure.

Hotspot Auto Parts on eglinton between Midland and Brimley. Good guys.

When the damned rain stops for long enough, I'll throw it in and have an actual running car.

Tom:
      I would have looked into that, but this replacement was brought about by my old rad dying, meaning I didn't have much money to work with and I'd have to borrow a car to go junkyarding for the new brackets. If it starts to be driven more than it is, or gets some of my wilder ideas for engine upgrades, I'll probably look into the swap you speak of.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

No problem... just wanted you to be aware of the upgrade available...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Drove car 30 minutes today in the (relative) heat and it didn't dun blowed up, Thanks A LOT to the people in this thread. Without this site I'd still be sitting there second-guessing the people at Hot-spot or waiting for a rockauto shipment to arrive.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
          X