Car cuttin off again when i turn on A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car cuttin off again when i turn on A/C

I think i might just need to turn up my idle a lil bit more to compensate for when the compressor comes on. Not all the time it will cut off but some of the time. Any one else ever have this problem or can give me a lil advice it would be appreiated.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

there is supposed to be a relay that will raise the idle when the air kicks on. yours might be going bad.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

where would that relay be located at on a CFi?
      The Best

Comment

IIRC right on the throttle linkage on the throttle body, it's a solenoid that sits right by the idle adjustment.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

If anyone can take a picture of this solenoid or have a drawing of it please post for me so i can replace this solenoid.. Thanks alot..

Nate
          The Best

Comment

how old is your comressor? the clutch/pulley might be locking up
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Compressor is brand new. Thanks for the help i didnt know the solenoid was the one that we wired up to the switch.. So all i have to do is just turn it on when i turn on the AC..
              The Best

Comment

i got rid of my A/C cuz they will never work good for ever

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Well i went out last nite and i turned left the switch on that i wired to turn on that solenoid and as long as i had that on with the AC runnin i had no problems..So i just gotta make sure to turn teh switch on when i am runnin my AC. But when im not teh car runs fine with out that switch.
                  The Best

Comment

Working...
                  X