306 with stock set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

306 with stock set-up

I was curious if I could get my motor bored .30 over and still run stock injectors and such. I am considering having the motor in the 87 rebuilt in the future and if I do I will have it bored out and throw some new pistons in it, I know the power increase wouldnt even probably be noticable, but thats alright. It would also be a selling point.
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

The stock stuff will be fine.

Comment

You will be fine. There will not be any noticable difference at all.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Cool, I had a feeling. I am already scoping out engine shops, and I think I may have found one. I am also probably going to have the block magnafluxed and blueprinted. Would it be worth running E7 heads with the stock parts?
        Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

If your going to completely rebuild the engine anyways, why not go a little bit further and do at least a basic HO build.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

because I have hardly any knowledge of fuel injection crap and dont want to find all the parts needed. I am just gonna pull it and send it out then strap it back in. Me and my pop already pulled it once for the oil pan, BIG pain in the ass.

Comment

The parts need are a stock upper intake, stock HO throttle body, stock mustang injectors, and a stock mustang/mark7 ECU.

Comment

Well if it is that simple then I might just start collecting HO parts and have the shop put it back together with them. I just was/am intimidated by the ECU and the linkage swapping on the throttle body.
                Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 12-07-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                  Well if it is that simple then I might just start collecting HO parts and have the shop put it back together with them. I just was/am intimidated by the ECU and the linkage swapping on the throttle body.
                  Just browse craigslist. Nobody wants this stuff so it's usually cheap as hell. The hardest thing to find will probably be the ecu. But when you find it it's pretty much just plug and play. Also the throttle body linkage requires nothing special to do it with.
                  Last edited by pantera77; 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM. Reason: I need to l2spell
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

the ECU swap is a direct plug in. The only "mod(s)" is the throttle body, and boring the EGR spacer. Both quite easy, and you can buy them modded by forum members.

Comment

Dont forget about the camshaft.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

stock rebuilds aren't really worth the bother. For the same effort you can get an HO, which is a much bigger selling point than a .030 over stock engine. For not much more effort, you can upgrade the heads to something better than E7 and make it really run. GT40 and GT40p heads are a nice step up.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well right now I am tossing around the idea of making the 87 into a theme I have wanted to do with a box Vic for a couple years now.....you've seen a Crown Vic "GT".....well hows about a Cobra Vic? I am considering building the motor with '93 Cobra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                            Well right now I am tossing around the idea of making the 87 into a theme I have wanted to do with a box Vic for a couple years now.....you've seen a Crown Vic "GT".....well hows about a Cobra Vic? I am considering building the motor with '93 Cobra parts.
                            The only real difference with a Cobra is GT40 heads and the cobra intake. The cam difference is negligable at best. I think the ECU might be slightly different, but a regular HO ECU will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw440 View Post
                              The only real difference with a Cobra is GT40 heads and the cobra intake. The cam difference is negligable at best. I think the ECU might be slightly different, but a regular HO ECU will work fine.
                              Yes, I found a Cobra site that has all the specs and part numbers for the needed engine parts. The intake, heads and throttle body (65mm as opposed to the GT's 60mm) I found. The Cobra uses a higher flow Mass Air set up than the GT does. Also it has 24 lb/hr (blue top) injectors which I can get and it has smaller crank and water pump pulleys, it was done for power but its so minute of a differance I'm not gonna bother with it. Everything else is pretty much the same. If I do go through with this set up, I am slappin some cobra emblems on the side and cobra rims.

Comment

Working...
                              X