No announcement yet.

new radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. those sound easy enough to check.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Stock civillian size is 1 core I think, which is what I have.

Comment

hmmm.

Well the parts places universally list my choices with the 351W as 2 or 3 core.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
          hmmm.

Well the parts places universally list my choices with the 351W as 2 or 3 core.
          I meant for the 302.

Comment

hmm.

So it sounds like there's separate radiators for:

American and non-5.8 canadian civi
            Canadian civi with 5.8
            Canadian civi with 5.8 and trailer tow/all police 5.8,

And maybe also a different one for tow package american civi models?

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              hmm.

So it sounds like there's separate radiators for:

American and non-5.8 canadian civi
              Canadian civi with 5.8
              Canadian civi with 5.8 and trailer tow/all police 5.8,

And maybe also a different one for tow package american civi models?
              Kinda makes sense that the requirements for the cooling system are different so some would need more cooling than others.

Comment

If I get around to doing the 5.8L swap, I'll probably get one of the JEGS 31"x19" Universal aluminum radiators for Fords. They're 199.95 and look like they would keep a 351W happy.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                X