Got my NEW TRANNY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my NEW TRANNY!!

The new tranny showed up this past Friday, (one freakin day late for me to have it for ScottFest :cuss

TRANNY SPECS:
    Wide ratio 4R70W gear set,
    4 clutch second gear,
    Mechaical diode for second gear,
    High energy performance frictions,
    A Servo. and Redlined Wide band for OD,
    Combination of Bauman/Superior SHIFT KITs,
    OD-2-1 shift pattern as well.
    Converter:
    B&M 2100rpm Stall (With out a damn drain plug!! :cuss

The box it came in is very nice. I expected like a crate. It's kin of nice, really strong, has a lock and key push bitton latch.

Here are some pics of the tranny, it's upside down because I need to change the shifter arm lever, so I need to take the pan off (No big deal since I was going to take it off to put on my chrome pan with the drain plug anyways)

As of 5:00pm Sunday, tranny is in the car!!! Taking a shower and off for the first drive!!

:banana: :banana: :slug:

Comment

you shoulda, um, h, had it sent to my house. i'd make SUUURE, it got to your, um house

by way of shifty of course :slug:
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

that is what I need for my ride! Looks good, how much better do you expect it to drive? report back soon!

Comment

Blaze, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back and who was the vendor?

Comment

That's great. I also got my tranny(an 89 CV trans with trango hp kit) in and working today also. I have a few odds and ends to take care of as my cooler lines are leaking a little (less than a drop) and my fuel return line took a shit on me and is also leaking. I cant wait to drive mine!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

OMG!!! IT FUCKIN HOT!!!

Keep in mind that more than the tranny is to blame, I also have the 3.55 TrueTrac now as well.

It spins both tires from a dead stop launch!
              It rides smoot, and shifts smooth as well. (I have the TV cable to spec, not to performance mode)
              1st gear, actually feels like it's a bit too much gear, but it makes for some tire spinning fun!
              Tranny I'm happy with overall. It was a total of $1100, for the tranny and a stock converter. Ended up buying a 2100 stall from Summit for $170.

Now for the rear end review!!

Rides just like an open differential. It smooth, flows thought the turns, and always is noise free. As for spinning tires.....it ALWAYAS spins BOTH TIRES!!

Comment

Glad to see your happy And the car is up and running again. I debating on wide ratio or 5 speed. I think it will wind up with a 5 speed though. And i definitly need posi.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Man, I need one!!!!

Comment

Nice!!
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Good deal. I'd like to throw a shift kit and a higher stall converter in my car someday, but that stall converter will have to wait till I have a lot more time. Glad to hear you're happy with it tho.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Awesome, I need to get a trans done. Definately gonna go wide ratio. With the wieght of the wagon I need all the gearing I can get.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

so wheres the video?????
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Well, here is a kinda short video of me doing a low power burnout. Not too long, but take note of the exhaust sound on the way back to the camera, you can really hear when I close the exhaust!!

Comment

i love that exhaust note. cool vid.

Comment

Working...
                              X