charging system help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charging system help!!!

my 1984 gm has a new battery, alternator, and voltage regulator. and yet the dam thing wont charge.. i have already returned to pep boys with the battery and alternator for testing.. they both tested good. so that is when i bought the voltage regulator but that didn't fix it.. all the wiring looks pretty poor but i don't know the wires should test as.. as far as i know the altornator could be wired wrong.. some one please help!!!

How's the connection at the battery? Did you clean the terminals? If that's good you're ground wire might not be gettin connection, down on the motor (I think).
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

the ground connection fom the battery to block looks pretty good.. i will still be adding an additional ground cable from the battery to the chassis.. And as for my battery terminals thay are clean and the clamps are 24k gold plated for optimum conduction of electrical curent flow.

Comment

Did you replace the batt., alt and regulator at the same time?
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

there is a relay for the charging system.

also check if theres any fuseable links

Comment

i see a bunch of fusable links. how do if one is bad? where is the relay location

Comment

fuseable links have a fuse inside. if they dont look blown you can test it with a multimeter

the relays on my car are on the ....passenger side front fender? been awhile since ive seen my car

am i right?

Comment

thanks for all your help guys .. i removed the altornator for the 2ond time to have it tested, hopeing the first guy at the parts store tested it wrong . but it was good.. after re installing it i noticed a harness on the drivers side inner fender with a wire loose from it. the wire coroded from one of the harness pin crimps. so i jumped the wire to the wire connected to the matching pin on the other side fo the harness know everything works perfect :slug:

Comment

replace your grounds

SuperFord Profile
                  Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
                  -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
                  -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
                  -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
                  Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

Working...
                  X