carb swap what do u need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb swap what do u need

Ok well i looked around the site for this and wasnt finding the answers i was looking for! I want to swap to a carb and take out my smog pump. Want to do it right thou so i guess the question is what all do i need to get it done the right way. Before anyone ask i dont have emissons for my car anymore and my car will start to be more of a weekend warrior!!
    sigpic1987 grand marquis

All the carb swap stuff

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

u need a carb a intake for said carb. i used a 1406 edelbrock and the preformer intake. u need lokar t cable and tv cable u need a low psi fuel pump I used a inline eletric one hasnt failed yet. u need to make a sump in ure tank take old pump out... Im still thinking...

u need ure gasket sets. might not hurt to get one for ure gas tank either i say this due to mine must have went to pot. as it spews gas now...

Asham i del all my filles on the carb swap... Although ( and im not saying to search ) you can ssearch my name under 5.0 and prob find all the info u want to know.

As for the smog crap man theres a belt thatss tricky to put on but works for just the ac.So if u want u can just unbolt the smog pump or saw it off and put that other belt on for the ac. Or u could do like i did and just saw the ac off as well

Hope that helpss some hehehhe

I found the link. I do hope it helps mang. If u want to put new timin chain on might want to look at my first okay dokie tread

Last edited by DarkKnight; 07-31-2009, 10:01 PM.
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Working...
      X