Cap and Rotor..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap and Rotor..?

Will this Cap And Rotor work on my Car....?

Should, tho that is just a cap. You want the 86-95 Mustang one, whatever it is. Most parts stores have it on the shelf, though to be honest there isn't much special about that MSD cap other than the color and looks. Performance wise, any brass terminal cap will do the same job.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Shit, I just realized that when I opened the package. I neede the cap and rotor. Advanced gave me the wrong shit...Oh well back to the parts store....Thanls A lot Gadget

Comment

Accel cap and rotor kit is what i get... that is brass terminal cap and brass rotor... wanna different color, tape the terminal tips and paint it.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

The red cap just looks better.
          89 CV LX 225/60 x 16 tires, CC819 rear springs, Front & rear sway bar, trans & PS cooler from 90 cop car. KYB shocks, F-150 on rear. Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe. Dark brown door panels, carpet, steering wheel, trim parts from a 87 Mer GM. Power front buckets from 96 Jeep Cherokee. LED'S front & rear. 3G Alt from a 97 Taurus wagon 3.0. Electric fan. Rear axle from a 97 PI 3.27 with disk brakes. Headlight relays.

Comment

Well then should I toss the cap that I have with the silver terminals (Aluminum I think?) And get one with Brass terminals? It's only a year old but it seems to have an awful lot of crud built up on the insides of the terminals. (the part inside the cap)
            People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

When its time for a new one, I'd go with brass. It holds up better than aluminum. Not sure of any real performance value, but lasting longer is something thats worth a couple bucks to me.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

As I've read (can't for the life of me remember where), the aluminum starts degrading almost immediately, thus affecting resistance. At least, that's what my foggy brain seems to recall...
                1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
                Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
                Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
                Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

That makes sense. That's part of the reason why you don't see aluminum wiring in homes anymore. It's used in certain situations but it needs to be used carefully. My house unfortunately has aluminum wiring and if not done right can be a huge fire hazard.. even more so than owning a ford ;-)

Comment

The reason aluminum wiring isn't used is because it oxidizes quickly, same as what happens under a distributor cap. The oxide doesn't conduct for crap, so you get high resistance and fires in homes. In a car, it causes weak spark. Brass doesn't conduct as well, but it doesn't oxidize all that easily either.
                    Last edited by gadget73; 07-25-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X