Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my old motor disassembled

linky to my local forum

The bearings werent in the pan when he dropped it I'm getting a better pic of the piston tonight at our cruise-in.

This is the same engine that was in it when I bought the car nearly 3 years ago, and has produced the dyno/slip numbers in my sig.

*plays taps*

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

that will buff right out.

hell you probalby had another 20 hp in there lost due to friction and blowby
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

yay metal.

Actually the bearings in my HO looked nearly as bad as yours when I rebuilt it. None of mine had the massive grooves in them, but all were down to copper, and believe it or not that engine didn't make a sound before I tore it apart.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

heres a better pic:

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

too many burnouts :banana:
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Nice job on the piston. Did it trash the cylinder wall?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

he said the walls didnt look too bad, block was still good enough to reuse

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

That's one fragged piston. Are the rest like that, or just that one? I'm surprised it didn't gouge the shit out of the cylinder wall!
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Suprisingly, thats the only one like that, #1 piston too

I dont know how the hell it stayed together, but I was driving it back and forth 40miles each day to work up until the day I got the Celica. It was blowin smoke out the breather/pcv for at least a month and a half

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

So what happened to cause that failure. Did the oil pump fail? That's not a failure that was caused by a burnout. It looks like it got starved for oil and caught the cylinder wall on it's way down.

Comment

Is the new motor in yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X