Fuel door Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel door Q

I notice everytime I go to put gas, the moment I open the fuel door theres a puddle of water, I know thats supposed to drain out..my question... does it drain from the left or right side of the compartment? also, I see what looks to be a drain hose directly above my rear driver side tire, I assume this is where that drains from, can I unclog it through there? or should i attack it from where the puddle is forming?

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
    previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

I used a coat hanger (molded straight as i can get it) and poked it in the drain hole that is just towards the right inside of the fuel door. Just poke around till the water drains out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I used a coat hanger (molded straight as i can get it) and poked it in the drain hole that is just towards the right inside of the fuel door. Just poke around till the water drains out.
      X2. Very common problem.

Comment

There should be a rubber tube sticking down inside the rear wheel well. Thats the drain tube.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

thanks, i did the same thing, since its 95 degrees out the water had already evaporated, guess ill wait till it rains again to see if it did anything.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
          previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

if you have a compressor, or access to one, i would use a blower tip and blow out the line from the bottom where you see the hose. have the fuel door open and cover some of the suff in the area to avoid a mess. if there is stuff clogging it, it can be blown out to clear it also besides coat hanger trick.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Working...
            X