new parts and some problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new parts and some problems

So I got my new (to me) FMS 1.7 roller rockes installed along with the shiny chrome valve covers and I think all is going well. Sun is setting, and I'm just cleaning up and putting the last of my tools away before firing the engine. Crank it off and it promptly starts to idle at 4,000 rpm. Not good. Shut it off and pull the upper intake again to replace the gasket between the spacer and the upper intake, the one that I didn't bother to pull because it seemed pretty solidly attached. Touch the crap ass plastic spacer, and find that its cracked right in half at the EGR passage. Shit. Got the parts off and cleaned (broke the scraper blade, had to use the blade from my hose cutter) and get it back together. Idle is like 2500 rpm. Start cranking down on the upper intake bolts, and it drops with each bit I turn. I hit the last bolt (front driver's side), feel it turning funny like its about to strip and the idle settles in at 800 rpm. By this point its after 9 pm, dark as hell, and I don't have anything but the wimpy underhood light to work from because my boss decided he was going to lock the shop up with the deadbolt which I don't have a key to. Oh, and I couldn't get my paycheck because he was too drunk to write it for me. I haven't been paid in 2 weeks now, and I was really kinda needing that money this weekend.

So about those rockers. Seat of the pants feel says overall not really much more go power, but I notice that the kick in the ass at 3000 rpm that I used to have is gone. Power seems to build more gradually from about 2400 or so right on up instead of suddenly picking up more power over 3k. I have to say I like it. The Ford Racing covers also look nice. I'll try and get pics tomorrow once there is some daylight.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

PICS!!!!!!!!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i saw it today......it looks nice.......you can see it in a week jon :slug:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

D'OH!

forgot about that.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Scott, I found out where that oil leak was coming from. I didn't have the front corner of the VC tight enough. I have to replace those bolts with either allen head screws or something because its near impossible to get a socket on those corners. I fixed that on my way home and it seems to be OK now. I also need to get a look at the wire spreaders you have. The ones I picked up aren't going to work but I didn't realize that till it was a bit late.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X