Engine replacement thread.... Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine replacement thread.... Pictures!

Well, the old engine is out... Along with the transmission! The guy doing my engine decided that it would be easier to take it out,,, so we wouldn't have to try to hold it up out of the way. Also, we were able to get the engine out with out taking the hood off.

Anyway, here is the pics so far....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

cool cool..

did you pull the engine/tranny in one piece without removing the hood? sorry if i misunderstood.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post

did you pull the engine/tranny in one piece without removing the hood? sorry if i misunderstood.
      Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
      we were able to get the engine out with out taking the hood off.

Comment

We dropped the transmission first, then took the engine out... While the trans is out, I'm going to detail it, (Going to paint the transmission detail grey, it will look like the original color of aluminum...) and paint the driveshaft... it looks like crap.

We had about 2 inches of clearance at the top, and under the engine between the oil pan and the header panel... Sorry I didn't get pictures of it coming out, I was trying to hold a bunch of wires, hose, and the power steering pump out of the way! It took four people to pull the engine, one to jack the lift up, two to hold wires, hose, the A/C pump, and other stuff out of the way... And the fourth person to guide the engine around... At least we didn't put it thru the A/C condenser or something...
        More pictures tommorow of the new engine, clean up of the parts from the old engine... and the re-install...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

This should be kind of exciting.... I imagine you've got nifty plans for some detailing along with the new install ....
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

You'd never get the engine and trans out of there as a unit with the hood on. Its hard enough getting just a motor out without yanking the hood. Add to that a couple hundred pounds and close to 3 feet of metal thing, and it becomes a real hassle.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Any particular reason you elected not to remove the hood? Seems like it would have just made removing the engine that much more difficult.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Actually no, it wasn't any harder... we decided to remove the transmission mainly because we could not think of a good way to "suspend" the front of the transmission in the car after the motor was out. also, it makes it easier to line up the trans / motor when it goes back in. it is just easier to lift the transmission up on the jack and get it lined up... side benifit is getting to detail the trans some

Comment

Can't wait for the pics of the detail!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Exciting.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
                      not what i asked but thanks anyways.
                      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

What are you driving in the meantime?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

So here is todays pictures... alot of little conversion problems today... it will be done tommorow... we just ran out of time today... here is the pics...

Comment

Gonna paint the intake, too?
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Gonna paint the intake, too?
                              We opted not to... since it was covered up mostly anyway... We figured since it was aluminum, it would probably end up peeling, and look even worse... IF I had access to a sandblaster, we would have gone that route... We cleaned it up, and got rid of the "powdered" aluminum corrosion on it... so it does look alot better than it did.... even tho the pictures don't show it... And for today, I'm driving my roomates car to work, since he has a company truck... nice having a back up car... (2005 Ford Taurus, all leather, all options... not a panther, but it is a nice car....)

Comment

Working...
                              X