No announcement yet.

My Gas Mileage sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if that is what they pulled does it mean I need a new tfi? If not how can I fix it?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Idk but heres a pic of my tfi and I always thought the wire that connects to nothing is what they pulled
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

no wonder it sucks......the spout is missing......that means no computer timing advance......i'll bet it's slow too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Probably means you need to fire your mechanic and go to someone who doesn't randomly unplug important things to "fix" problems. Plug it back in, let us know what exactly it does.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok will do tomorro... but what I believe what happens is that it stalls out constantly when it plugged
            Last edited by 83countrysquire; 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

then you have some other problem. Find out what exactly it does, and we can point you in the right direction to fix it.

Didn't you find black plugs in some other thread, and it was determined you had a bad fuel injector or something?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well here is the orignal thread explaining my problem http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...t=23804&page=2, It still should happen if I reconnect the spout, So I assume it should be the tfi module. I kinda happy that you guys help me find out this because my quarter mile time should be faster cause I ran her after they pulled the spout.
                Last edited by 83countrysquire; 06-08-2009, 10:48 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X