Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird noise coming from under the glove box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird noise coming from under the glove box...

mornin gentlemen, well on my last few posts i was having issues with my electrical system do to my "massive system." problem was solved with an Optima battery and 200amp in-line fuse, im still waiting for my 3g alternator so i can upgrade to it. then after a large cloud of white smoke spooing from my exhaust, my radiator was clogged up and thermostat was shot.
    after all this was fixed, im sitting in my car enjoying the nice rumble of my exhaust, i turn it off and as im texting away, 1-2minutes after its been shut off, theres a weird noise(u can call it ticking) followed by a louder one dat sounds like something is being closed/shutthing down. the sound originates from under the glove box compartment, so i go to take a look but cant see anything. this always happens after the engine has been off for a few minutes. nothing really happens to the car just that i hear this noise and im stuck there wondering wth it is.....what do you guys think?

Me thinks it is just the blend door losing the vacuum. Totally normal.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Me thinks it is just the blend door losing the vacuum. Totally normal.
      me thinks the same, nothing to worry about
      Last edited by 70torino429; 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

happens to me all the time, its a clicking noice then it almost sounds like a very creaky door is being closed right?
        those are just the A/C vents, i hear its nothing to worry about.
        i love the wheels on your vic, what size are they?

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
        previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

i kinda had an idea it was a vent/vaccum thing....anyway of making the noise a lil quieter? lol maybe lubricating it somehow? when i leave someone alone in the car after its off they tell me they get freaked out cuz of all the clickin and tickin...makes em think imma blow em up or sumthing. lol...

89merk- thanx mang, ive got 20's on there...although thats an old pic of my ride....someone decided to slash my tires on 2 different occasions so i had to get new tires twice already. the ones i have on there now are pretty huge...although i like the high rise look to it.

Comment

the chunky tires arent bad at all, i checked out your cardomain page, and i think i might get some wire wheels after all..and as far as making that noise quiter..ehh whats the point? it only lasts like 4 seconds, if you got a chick in the car tell her its haunted and you will hold her so she wont be scared...lol

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

I'd be worried about lots of things other than popping noises if you have people vandalizing your stuff and other people thinking you're trying to kill them ....
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

lol...damn u guys are talking as if u already know me....most of what CP said is true though.....in the past 6 months ive purchased 2 sets(8 tires) of brand spanking new tires...my original set were Pirellis, second set after the frist slashing were Kumho, second set(the ones i have on it now) are Hancook Ventus 275/40/20's. bunch of a-holes really. they've tried to break into my car so many times its not funny. 1st time they broke my front passenger window and ripped off the woodgrain panel that surrounds the radio/ac/heater controls. they took out the radio and wires but this is when i came out blazing and they took off running(and left the radio hanging out). 2nd time they tried to go after my trunk....they broke the license plate housing to get into the lock cylinder...before they got into it, my alarm had already gone off and when i was runnin out, the pick-up truck that was parked behind my car for the get away, peeled out hitting my rear drivers side tail light and putting a nasty-ass dent in my trunk. i was PIST!!! but once again, they failed!!!

Comment

You can try a bit of white grease on the door where the spring sits, but I've never gotten mine to actually not sound like an old ass screen door. I just don't sit in the car afte rI shut it off, so it doesn't bother me.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by ltdcrwnvic View Post
                    lol...damn u guys are talking as if u already know me....most of what CP said is true though.....in the past 6 months ive purchased 2 sets(8 tires) of brand spanking new tires...my original set were Pirellis, second set after the frist slashing were Kumho, second set(the ones i have on it now) are Hancook Ventus 275/40/20's.
                    That sounds awful! Reminds me of a guy I talked to in a Detroit suburb who said the first week he had his new '03 or '04 Marauder the original wheels disappeared right in his driveway. :-(

Comment

yo ltdcrwnvic, i suggest you invest in some cameras and motion sensitive lights, and a gun...i swear i would sleep in my car wishing some1 would try something if shit was like that

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

already have the gun....cameras with nightvision capabilities would be good..the motion sensor lights not so good cuz there is a ton of stray cats around my block that would set those suckers off all night...and thanx for the ideas....wish i could get my hands on those lil faggots.....!!!

Comment

Happens to me too...sept mine sounds like an alien slowly bursting its way out of the stomach of someone...freaks people out in the car if we are sitting in there for a bit after the car is shut down..
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Im in an '87 Marquis here, and i get that same sound. We originally thought it was the Brake Booster, but now that someone else is having the same issue, i can say its more passenger side sounding.

Comment

Yep, two main things happening on the passenger side: the heater core may bubble a bit if there's air in the cooling system, and the recirculate door that gets engaged when you have "MAX A/C" turned on. Oh, and if you have automatic temperature control (temp slider has numbers on it), you may hear the blend door moving on shutdown as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X