No announcement yet.

Whats your gas mileage these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16.5 mpg. went up to 17.5 with the rear end rake, then back down to 16.5 with the big meats put on. I drive it hard to hehe, but taking it easy (when i had my beginners licence lol) it got 20-21mpg. thats half highway and half city btw.
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

19.1mpg with an HO engine and 3.27 open gears, according to the tripminder. This is in mixed city/highway driving, and driving normally. If I get on the loud pedal too much, MPG takes a sharp and quick dive for the floor.

Comment

20 miles to work.. mixed city/highway
        Attached Files
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
          16.5 mpg. went up to 17.5 with the rear end rake, then back down to 16.5 with the big meats put on. I drive it hard to hehe, but taking it easy (when i had my beginners licence lol) it got 20-21mpg. thats half highway and half city btw.

did you do the math to compensate for th edifferent revs per mile of the tires and subsequent error in the speedometer and odometer?
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

anybody know if the tripminder accounts for head/tail wind or idle time? i dont know much about them or how they operate..
            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
              anybody know if the tripminder accounts for head/tail wind or idle time? i dont know much about them or how they operate..
              The system is pretty simple from my understanding so I think it just pulls info from the vehicle speed sensor and fuel flow wire.
              sigpic
              1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
              Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

i still get over 24 mpg on the highway going 60-65 and around 13 in the city (i like to embarass rice rockets at stop lights and get sideways around every smooth corner i see)
                '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                  The system is pretty simple from my understanding so I think it just pulls info from the vehicle speed sensor and fuel flow wire.
                  yeah...I'm sure its in the ballpark but I always just calculate it myself at every fill up and write it in a book.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

ECM fuel flow data and vehicle speed, so yes it does count idle time and any engine load from wind, hills, towing, etc. It ought to be very accurate, however some are just out in left field. Mine for example always says I'm doing about 1 mpg better than I actually am. Theres an adjustment screw on the side under the 'do not adjust' sticker. I'm curious what that does. Might have to get out the golden screwdriver sometime and fiddle.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

83 gmq... no mufflers, 3.08 rear, mild shift kit, recent tune up: 12 mpg city (roughly), 16.9 mpg highway.
                      88 CVPI - 5.0, lsc headers, punched cats, Cherry Bomb glasspacks, transgo shift kit, 3rd gen police console, 3rd gen push bar, KC Daylighters, wagon rear springs, soon to be 3.55 posi rear, all police antennas and spotlight, 216k on orignal motor, trans, and rear.
                      90 Festiva - 1.6 dohc turbo pushing 15 psi, full coil overs, 6 puck clutch. Daily whip that shits and gets. 30 mpg!

Comment

i do really well on the highway. few times i cruised down the beach, 80 miles at about 70-75 mpg and it barly tipped below 1/4 tank. that same trip w/o OD uses half a tank...

round town sucks though. ive been getting about 220-260 miles per fill up

my car is 100% stock, 63k miles
                        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

20/21 with a heavy CP, 71/76 mph Interstate. Duals, roller lifters, electric fan. Streamlining next. Donald McCaig
                          1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

1.7 roller rockers donald....roller lifters have been standard equipment in the car 302 since 1986

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Lately I have been averaging 14 mpg, 90% in town driving, in the Ram; per the Dodge 'tripminder'. It seems to be accurate.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                              X