No announcement yet.

How to bend Pushrods/Valves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, we finally got it running today, still need to put on the drive-shaft, hook up the exhaust, and get a belt for the alternator.

But I forgot to put these pics up of what we found in the oil pump, this was getting stuck and stopping the oil pump from spinning.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bowman85merc; 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM.
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

An here are some pics of the engine installed.

To break in the cam, we ran it at 2,000 RPM for 30 min., it has a petty good lope at idle, sounds nice and throaty when revved up, this should make it a pretty quick little car now. :evil:
      Attached Files
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Is that a new pump, or the old one still? Did you check any of the bearings to see what they look like? How's the oil pressure?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Eek! An Eldebrock! A 1403, presumably?

I hadn't noticed before that Mustang IIs apparently use that 90 degree water neck as well.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
          X