Problem, advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ic.

I've been checking my oil and haven't seen any coolant or milkiness to it or anything.

actually Mike, those roller rockers never went on.
    I still got em for sale lol.
    I used the stock rockers and stock pushrods. that's prolly my problem.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post

WTF???

Pardon my French Colin. Why is it that you decided against the roller rockers?

Comment

Stock valvetrain stuff and a non-stock cam? Was the lifter preload verified, and the rocker contact pattern checked? If not, I bet thats your noise and probably the root cause of the oil burning issues.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
          ic.

I've been checking my oil and haven't seen any coolant or milkiness to it or anything.

Do you still have the conversion kit too? Then come on out and we'll get it installed! Either that, or I'll send you my pushrod length checker to borrow so you can get pushrods that are the correct length. I had actually been wrongly assuming my stamped rockers were excessively worn when in actuality the overall combo just wanted slightly longer pushrods.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Stock valvetrain stuff and a non-stock cam? Was the lifter preload verified, and the rocker contact pattern checked? If not, I bet thats your noise and probably the root cause of the oil burning issues.
            Noise, yes, but I'm a little lost on how that would contribute to burning oil. My '96 5.0 you helped me select longer pushrods for probably had as much excessive klatter as any and I never noticed it burning oil.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

If the rocker is sitting way off center, it will side load the valves and make them beat up the guides. It does have to be kind of bad to really cause this though.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wonder if it has valve seals on it at all....pull a VC off and take some pics of the heads... that would be interesting for sure.

Pushrods don't really "wear out" unless something is really F'd up with how the motor was put together.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                X